PDA

View Full Version : Bowel Movements change after pregnancy

Newbie68
02-05-2014, 05:57 AM
Hello there - I am completely new to this forum and apologies if there is a similar thread to this one. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who might be able to give me some advice.

Since I had my 2nd child about 10 years ago, my bowel movements have completely changed. Every morning, as soon as I wake up I have to go to the toilet. My bowel movement is very loose, I have a lot of wind, the stools are brown in colour and 'worm like' in shape - gosh I can't believe I am writing this! I have no pain whatsoever during the day, however I would say that during the early evening more often than not my stomach will start to gurgle and sometimes I have wind in the evening!!

You might think it strange that I have had these symptoms for so long and not done anything about it. I suppose because the fact that I have experienced so pain or discomfort is the main reason. Also I have the one bowel movement in the morning and am fine for the rest of the day. However I know that this routine is not normal and there is some bacteria etc that my gut is missing.

I have been to the doctors who said that they think it is IBS. They gave me Mebeverine to take, but that doesn't seem to have changed things at all. they also said that I should start cutting things out and see if that makes a difference - to be honest I haven't done that yet.

I was wondering if anyone has come across bowel movements changing after pregnancy? Can anyone suggest where I should start in cutting things out etc..? I saw on this site that one lady took Kefir - was wondering if I should give that a go?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx