PDA

View Full Version : Constant D

k2626
02-11-2014, 12:53 PM
So for yrs Ive had upper left stabbing pains, lipsae a little elevated always but have had 6 scopes and pancreas looks great. The last yr my bowels have changed. Normally they are very soft, bulky, frequent but then I have a few wks out of the month where I have complete D like 5 times a day from the moment I wake, even pepto doesnt help

Im undergoing more tests, such as SIBO and another colonoscopy -however, has anyone else dealt with this? Something is terribly wrong

No gallbladder stones, or ulcers, celiac etc

worrywort
02-18-2014, 11:13 AM
I would say go through with the colonoscopy to make sure it isn't uc or something. I feel your pain. Have had 3 colonoscopys!! I still suffer. Even though your not celiac you might be sensitive and it's worth it to cut out gluten to see if it helps. Keep me posted on your test.

STLouisgal
02-18-2014, 03:44 PM
I understand your frustration! I had abdominal surgery (unwarranted hysterectomy) and my bowels have never been the same. The diarrhea was severe for about 10 months. A one-time stool test (per my request) showed an abnormal level of fat. Things gradually improved after that and have settled down considerably. Some BM's are almost normal while others are a "pile of mush." Celiac blood test and endoscopy were normal. Ultrasound showed normal pancreas, ducts, gallbladder, liver, aorta. SIBO test was normal. I have not done the recommended small bowel follow-through because it seems to seldom be helpful so why go through the expense and humility IMO.

Hope you get answers and relief soon!

k2626
02-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Do you have any pain? I don't think it's crohns as my pain is high up. Think it's pancreas but my elastase and fat test are norm

worrywort
02-19-2014, 07:37 AM
Do you have any pain? I don't think it's crohns as my pain is high up. Think it's pancreas but my elastase and fat test are norm

Yes I have pain everywhere but mostly on my lower left or right side. Sometimes I get awful upper stomach pain. I don't have ibd but a ct scan showed inflammation from gastritis or something. Colonoscopy biopsy were clear. Very frustrating not to have an answer and in the mean time suffering..

STLouisgal
02-19-2014, 09:27 AM
I have occasional mild pain or discomfort a little left of center slightly below my breast / near the bottom of my rib cage.

k2626
02-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Is it from IBS? Do you ever get sharp pains? This doesnt seem to be normal-I rarely ever have a normal bowel, its just mush or d. The pain is sharp and up higher than I think the colon is

STLouisgal
02-19-2014, 01:55 PM
I don't think my GI doctor every used the term IBS but that's a catch-all term anyway. My pains are usually dull.

worrywort
02-19-2014, 08:00 PM
I get horrible pain at times!!! All 3 colonoscopys came back as spastic colon. It's normal. Everyone is different.

k2626
02-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Im getting a colonoscopy next wk and SIBO testing. Literally its always mush or D and frequent. My pain is pretty high up, I do not think the colon is so close to the breast plate-so Im sure scope will be fine.

worrywort
02-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Good luck!! Keep us posted.... Hope you get an answer.