PDA

View Full Version : Nausea after bowel movement

Merumee
02-21-2014, 08:54 AM
I was diagnosed with IBS-C last year, though I've been dealing with it for much longer, and frequently after I have a bowel movement I'll have severe nausea that lasts for hours as well as some pain and cramping. The nausea comes in waves and and starts shortly after a bowel movement, and though I don't vomit there are times when I feel like I could. I also get gassier afterward as well. Everything I've seen says that symptoms are supposed to be relieved by bowel movements and even though I do have some discomfort beforehand, it seems like everything is worse afterward. Does anyone else have this problem?

Penguinboy55
03-07-2014, 03:03 PM
I also have nausea after bowel movement. It goes away after about 20 minutes. I never vomit although I feel super awful. At first I blamed it on the diary product but now I don't know if it's related to my IbS.

mrs peacock
03-09-2014, 05:43 PM
I was diagnosed with IBS-C last year, though I've been dealing with it for much longer, and frequently after I have a bowel movement I'll have severe nausea that lasts for hours as well as some pain and cramping. The nausea comes in waves and and starts shortly after a bowel movement, and though I don't vomit there are times when I feel like I could. I also get gassier afterward as well. Everything I've seen says that symptoms are supposed to be relieved by bowel movements and even though I do have some discomfort beforehand, it seems like everything is worse afterward. Does anyone else have this problem?

I find that I have more pain etc after a bm. I was told that bowel movements whould relieve the pain. So what's up here??