PDA

View Full Version : Something is very wrong and nobody knows what

linka
03-25-2014, 10:11 AM
I've had left chest / left chest wall area pain for about 2 years now. I went to a breast doctor who told me he feels it's inflamed but he does NOT know why and he did not send me to see anyone in particular.

I've complained to my OB/GYN she ordered a memmogram and they told me I have classifications? (not sure if that's how it's spelled). Memmogram came back shady so they did a biopsy and that came back normal. Yet at the same time I am getting weird pain in my legs throughout the day. It feels like someone is boiling my blood or my legs are turning inside out. Like very tense cramps and at times I have trouble standing on my legs or even walk.

At times I get spikes in fever and it lasts only for ONE day or even a few hours then goes away on its own! One time my fever spiked so rapidly and so high I was shaking uncontrollably till it went away.

I told my physician. She thinks I might have depression and gave me samples of some meds for depression. I took some and it made me feel sick and dizzy then I stopped.

At night time both pinkies on my left and right hand become numb and I wake up because they are numb and then takes a while to start feeling half of my hands. I get frequent migraine headaches they only occur on ONE (left side) where my chest was inflated and where my chest hurts.

My doctor did not want to do an MRI she told me "you've done one MRI this year and your insurance won't cover it". This year is a brand new year and if I'll go and ask for an MRI, I'll end up paying $5200 deductible (out of my pocket) I don't want to go into medical debt and I have a $10,000 hospital bill already I've been paying over years...

I am 40 years old female, my weight is 176lb not sure what the heck is going on with me. Know one thing that my left chest wall/breast is hurting more intense and more often. Anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks

Seraph
03-25-2014, 10:19 AM
The chest pain could be costochondritis, an inflammation of the cartilage of the rib cage. It is an autoimmune response to something or other and can get very painful. Try taking an anti-inflammatory medication for a while (a month or so) and see if it improves.
It is possible that you are in peri menopause. That can cause a lot of symptoms. I had leg pains and hot flashes (like your "fever") for quite a long while before I hit the change. Get a hormone level blood test and see if you might need a bit of HRT. Good luck, Sera

ninal
04-02-2014, 10:05 PM
It sounds a lot like costochondritis to me! Im not sure about your leg pain.

I have been fighting costo for years now and the only things that help a flare up is naproxen (aleve) and heat. There is really nothing else you can do except treat it (heat is sooooo soothing on it) and just relax! Any other questions, feel free to ask :)