PDA

View Full Version : Ibs?

pennycun88
04-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Hello,

Maybe someone here could make me feel a bit better. I have been back and forth to the doctor in the past two and a half months and he has told me I have ibs. I have constipation, light brown mucus in stool, pain in rib area and lower left abdomen, dry mouth, some blood (which Dr said was due to straining) and I have examined by doctor. He felt the area for tenderness and as I suffer from anxiety he said it was likely ibs and I now take Colofac and fibre drinks everyday. For the first few weeks I felt a lot better but the symptoms seem to have gotten worse. I have a larger amount of mucus in my stool now and it's getting me down. Doctor keeps telling me not to worry, I had a colonoscopy three years ago and as I am only 25 he said I probably don't need another one so soon

Do my symptoms seem like ibs? Am worried constantly that it is something more serious

lenvegas
04-13-2014, 01:40 PM
Hi, well, it could be IBS or it is just a default diagnosis her uses when he is not sure, hard to say but I doubt it is more serious than that. You could start taking probiotics everyday, the good bacteria that we all need to insure proper digestion. Also eating Greek yogurt like Activia will also replace your gut with good bacteria. You should notice a difference within a week. I have read that probiotics benefits people with IBS.. Your good bacteria are killed off by antibiotics and sometimes birth control pills leaving one with possible digestive problems. I am telling you this from experience as I had terrible regularity but now that I eat bran and take probiotics every morning my symptoms have disappeared. Hope things work out for you.....

puzzik79
05-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Sounds like another typical Doctor:

"Drink some water, eat some fiber and don't worry"

I would ask for a comprehensive stool tests for bacteria, yeast and parasites. These also show the amount of good bacteria in the stool.

You should also consider food allergy panel (simple blood test).

Not sure what were the results of your last colonoscopy.