PDA

View Full Version : Actually vomiting with IBS?

blaggers
04-18-2014, 08:22 AM
I was 'diagnosed' with IBS 10 years ago, with a mix between D and C, depending on the trigger. It flared up just before my wedding day, and at various inappropriate moments in my life since. (Job interviews, holidays, etc) I still don't have a handle on what I eat that sets me off. At one time it was cream, another red wine, then it was bread. I've had the rectal bleeding, diagnosed as piles, had the colonoscopy (about 8 years ago), and nothing came up as abnormal. This flare up though, is different. This time, I've actually vomited twice in the last three weeks, and can't think why that's happened. I put the first (Mar 13) down to winter vomiting bug, but the second (Apr 6), well I can't explain it. Coupled with the nausea, I'm still feeling pretty low - bloated, belchy, and BMs before and after breakfast - type 6 - so I'm taking Fybogel to ensure my motions retain some form of solidity. Anyone out there with suggestions as for what I can try to get through this particular episode?

puzzik79
05-06-2014, 04:49 PM
I was 'diagnosed' with IBS 10 years ago, with a mix between D and C, depending on the trigger. It flared up just before my wedding day, and at various inappropriate moments in my life since. (Job interviews, holidays, etc) I still don't have a handle on what I eat that sets me off. At one time it was cream, another red wine, then it was bread. I've had the rectal bleeding, diagnosed as piles, had the colonoscopy (about 8 years ago), and nothing came up as abnormal. This flare up though, is different. This time, I've actually vomited twice in the last three weeks, and can't think why that's happened. I put the first (Mar 13) down to winter vomiting bug, but the second (Apr 6), well I can't explain it. Coupled with the nausea, I'm still feeling pretty low - bloated, belchy, and BMs before and after breakfast - type 6 - so I'm taking Fybogel to ensure my motions retain some form of solidity. Anyone out there with suggestions as for what I can try to get through this particular episode?

Just to clarify, a colonoscopy will only eliminate cancer, polylips, UC and Crohn's. Once all of those are eliminated, it's time to move to the IBS related tests such as a comprehensive stool test and a food allergy panel. (blood test for IgG/IgE/IgA antibodies)

This should shed more light on what's going on, and you can start treating the cause.