PDA

View Full Version : IBS triggered by Sucralose?

PZH77
04-20-2014, 10:59 AM
Over the last month or so, I have been dealing with IBS episodes that start off with awful burps (kind of taste like vomit, eggs, peanut butter), bloating and a gassy feeling. Then within an hour or so it's go time with Diarrhea that comes out like water. This episode usually lasts 4-6 hrs. My stomach hurts during this time, and I am nauseated. The last 2 times I've had this, I can only think of one common denominator: sucralose. I found these really great zero calorie lemonade drinks from Acme Markets. Half iced tea/half lemonade, regular zero calorie lemonade, peach lemonade and strawberry lemonade. I seem to be fine with the Regular Lemonade & the half and half. However, I am thinking that the other flavors are bothering me. Or maybe it's just that my system has had enough of the sucralose. May 1st I start new health insurance, so I plan on making an appointment with a gastro doc. I'm going out of my mind, making sure that sucralose IS, indeed the culprit here. I do use Stevia in my coffee and have no issues. I'm just really at my wits end. I am sick of being sick.

My stomach issues started in 2008 and in 2009 I had a colonoscopy and the doc at the time concluded that I had IBS. I do try to take anti-diarrhea pills a few times a week just to slow things down.

Anyone who has experienced this, please weigh in. I'd appreciate it!