PDA

View Full Version : Cool tone or warm tone?

kzar
04-29-2014, 05:58 PM
Hoping someone can tell me if I have cool toned skin or warm toned skin. I am fair but I can't figure out the warm/cool tone. I took a picture of my arm/wrist area and if someone would be willing to take a look and tell me waht they think I would appreciate it.

heres my arm in very cloudy/overcast light

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

thanks,.

MSNik
05-04-2014, 10:45 AM
I cant see your picture, but seeing your arm wouldnt help anyway. To decide if you are warm or cool, look at your face without foundation or powder. Do you see yellow undertones or blue undertones? Or are you pink faced? IF you are Italian or Spanish, chances are you will see yellow. IF you are Irish or Scandanavian, youll probably see pink.....if you are seeing blue undertones, you might be of mixed ethniticity. African American also draws alot of blue or yellow...
Still cant decide? Get ahold of a primer color chart. Hold it up to your skin...if you were to put yellow makeup on your skin, it would cancel out blue- making your skin perfect. Green cancels out yellow tones and purple cancels out blochiness or pink tones..
Do you currently use foundation? Take a good look at it in the bottle, what do you see? Is it yellow based? Is it red based? Does it look neutral on your skin, or are you looking too much like you are wearing makeup?

I really like the estee lauder counter as they do some seriously good color matching...their foundations come with all different base colors and their counter girls are trained to find the one who matches you best and corrects imperfect skintones. If all else fails, you can go to one of their counters for free.
MSNik