PDA

View Full Version : IBSC ... Help!

opt4
05-03-2014, 01:58 PM
I am new to this so any help will be appreciated. IBSC (so I'm told.. many years ago) is what I have. I also have been taking medications such as antidepressants for many years and will continue. I am pretty sure that they are contributing to my problem but nonetheless I still have it. I have tried Miralax, Colace, Pericolace, Suppositories, Probiotics, EFAs, MOM (which I had an allergic reaction to), Prunes (which just about kill me!)..... My doc (Psych doc, I don't see a GP) says take Colace every day. If I do, I get diarrhea and nausea. If I don't, I don't go at all. I'm at the end of my rope. Any suggestions? Maybe I'm not doing something right. On another note I refuse a colonoscopy. No invasive procedures. Most docs don't respect that.

lenvegas
05-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Hi, I would look into getting a series of colonic irrigations by a licensed professional. It will not only clean out your colon but will enhance your peristalsis which is the natural contraction and relaxation of the muscles in your digestive tract. Many with digestive issues have a problem with this peristalsis often times because of medication. I have four colonics a year, been doing so for over 20 years and along with daily probiotics have enjoyed perfect digestion. I believe it is worthy of your consideration, it is not painful and afterwards one feels an incredible lightness. It is a much more natural way towards good health, much better than ingesting harsh medicine. Wishing you the best health....

opt4
05-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Thank you, lenvegas! I would try that, but in a one red light town in the deep South, I don't think it's going to happen. :(

puzzik79
05-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Most Doctors are clueless about IBS, so they start "trying things" and shooting in the dark.

Get a food panel allergy testing (IgA/IgG/IgE) and also a comprehensive stool tests for bacteria, parasites and yeast.

These tests will reveal what's going on in the GI tract and then you can tackle it from there.

opt4
10-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Sorry so late getting back to this reply. So do I just tell the doctor what to do?

baseballCA
10-23-2014, 01:53 PM
I have IBS-C, or that's what my doctor told me. Seems like a very general diagnosis.

Anyway, I've tried a lot of things, a probiotic has helped a little. Might not work for you, but it has helped me slightly. Maybe it can help as you look for other answers.

(On the side, I have had a stool test done and it showed I have a growth of bacteria that shouldn't be there. Hasn't helped my doctor fix the problem yet :) but maybe something you might research or consider)