PDA

View Full Version : Yeast overgrowth

puzzik79
05-05-2014, 04:47 PM
To make a long story short, all my crazy symptoms started back on 09/2013. (insomnia, night sweats, joint pain, shaky legs, shivering, digestive problems)

After many tests and ruling out Crohn's and Colitis, I was diagnosed with IBS.

I spent more time doing some research and had some additional tests done.

The cause was determined to be yeast overgrowth, mainly in the colon area. I also have oral thrush.

I finally got my sleep back to normal after 6 months and my bowel movements are pretty good as well. I got rid of my reflux and Gastritis, thank god.

I'm trying to finish off with the yeast and say goodbye to IBS after 8 months.

So far was on natural anti-fungals such as Caprylic Acid, Berberine and a few other things.

My diet is super strict as well. No Wheat, Gluten or sugars.

I'm to the point where I'm almost beating this 100%, but the damn yeast infection is very very stubborn. It hits me in both sides of the colon. (Mainly irritation, the inflammation is gone)

My report showed the yeast is sensitive to the following drugs:

1. Amphotericin

2. Fluconazole

3. Itraconazole

4. Ketoconazole

5. Nystatin

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I'm about to ask my Doctor to prescribe one and see if it can help me get to 100%.

Been also doing coffee enemas, which are great. (I thought it was crazy in the beginning, but soon found out otherwise)

Right now I'm on anti-fungals, probiotics, B-complex, Vitamin C and little bit of HCL after meals.

Suzq26
05-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Your symptoms sound so much like mine! How did you find out it was yeast? What causes it? Did a GI doctor test for it? I have had just about every test too after almost a year with still no diagnosis. That's great that you are doing so much better!

puzzik79
05-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Your symptoms sound so much like mine! How did you find out it was yeast? What causes it? Did a GI doctor test for it? I have had just about every test too after almost a year with still no diagnosis. That's great that you are doing so much better!

I found out it was yeast after getting a comprehensive stool test in a place that specialies in IBS in Los Angeles, CA.

The GI Doctors in my town were terrible and I'm glad I left them both as quickly as I did. The first one did a standard stool test, which didn't find any life threatning bacteria (E-Coli, Salmonella, Shigela, C-Diff etc.) and sent me home telling me to drink Kefir and take some cheap probiotic from the local drugs store.

The second GI Doctor didn't repeat any of the tests and just guessed by giving me Anti-biotics and anti-spasmatics. Those did help in the beginning, but as soon as I got off the anti-biotics, everything returned and was worse.

The local GI Doctors only run a "standard" stool test. You have to ask for a comprehensive stool test (which includes bad bacteria, life threatning stuff, parasites and yeast as well as good bacteria and other parameters), this is how they found I have yeast overgrowth. Getting rid of it seems to be the biggest health challange I've ever had in my life.

Suzq26
05-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Thank you, this is great information to have. I will be asking for this. The GI doctor I have seems clueless, I know I need to look elsewhere. Appreciate it!

puzzik79
05-08-2014, 06:02 PM
I tried to make some recepies from this Candida cookbook today. Man, I'd rather starve to death and die.

thinkpink89
05-11-2014, 02:21 PM
I am new here, and just came across your post while looking at the forums. I have had "mystery" symptoms for about 4 months now, although i have had digestive issues for about 9 months now. In January, i started feeling brain fog ALL the time/light sensitivity, and the bloating and constipation i have always had. The fog is constant, but gets worse when i eat carbs/sugar. I too have gone on a strict diet, and after seeing GP's who had no idea what was causing my stuff, and put it down to anxiety like they usually do, i got help from a naturopath who thinks it is a yeast issue. They put me on nystatin and fluconazole, but so far i see zero difference in the brain fog and digestive issues. It is horrible. How did you get this specific test? I hear so many people say yeast issues don't exist, so idk if that is what i have, but it sucks not having answers

puzzik79
06-03-2014, 11:10 PM
I am new here, and just came across your post while looking at the forums. I have had "mystery" symptoms for about 4 months now, although i have had digestive issues for about 9 months now. In January, i started feeling brain fog ALL the time/light sensitivity, and the bloating and constipation i have always had. The fog is constant, but gets worse when i eat carbs/sugar. I too have gone on a strict diet, and after seeing GP's who had no idea what was causing my stuff, and put it down to anxiety like they usually do, i got help from a naturopath who thinks it is a yeast issue. They put me on nystatin and fluconazole, but so far i see zero difference in the brain fog and digestive issues. It is horrible. How did you get this specific test? I hear so many people say yeast issues don't exist, so idk if that is what i have, but it sucks not having answers

The worst thing people can do is guess. Proper testing can reveal what's lurking in the gut. I am beginning to feel the Western medicine is just a big FAIL.

I would ask for a comprehensive stool test, the one that shows good bacteria, bad bacteria, parasites, yeast, amount of fats and all sorts of other markers.

Furthermore, it can also be some sort of a food allergy. Some people get lucky and their IBS is related to such food allergy. They eliminate the particular food or food group, and they are good to go.

It can also be a combination of both. In my case, all the foods yeast feeds on, showed as causing allergic reaction (leaky gut): gluten, wheat, barley, honey, sugar, milk, cheeses, cranberries, blueberries, pineapple.

So far It's been 3 months and most of the inflammation is gone. The bowel movements are back to normal and so is the sleep for most part.

The reflux is gone and so is the gastritis.

The toughest thing to heal is the colon. My only guess is because this organ processes and absorbs 24/7.

I am trying something new that I researched out, and that is beef bone broth. Making it myself. It suppose to repair/heal the linings.

rube446
06-09-2014, 01:28 PM
I tried to make some recepies from this Candida cookbook today. Man, I'd rather starve to death and die.

ha, ha. :) I looked into those too. Yeah, it's a bit rough. I can't do it either. But I might soon if I can't get this yeast under control.

puzzik79
07-19-2014, 09:55 PM
Almost there...........my bowel movements are back to normal.

I did some experimenting with Clay Bentonite and fiber to detox, worked quite well.

I'm off the anti-fungals. I added bread, oats and fruit back into my diet.

Some slight reactions.

I may go back to the strict diet to see if I can make this "perfect".

Sleep is pretty good.

Man, what a mess this was.............

Stonemark
07-20-2014, 05:11 AM
Hi!

In my own experience I have found that using Extra Virgin coconut oil and colloidal silver can really help with IBS and yeast problems. Personally, I take coconut oil every day and coloidal silver when I need it. These are as good as intibiotics as they are anti fungal, anti microbial, anti bacterial, and even anti virul.
My diet is strict also. No sugars, no refinied carbohydrates which turn into sugars. No wheat whatsoever, I also follow a high fat diet which is somewhat controversial, but it works. I do very little carbs keeping them down to 20 carbs per meal.
Hope any of this might help you. You sound like you are doing what is right for yourself.

baseballCA
07-30-2014, 08:04 PM
Hi,

I'm suffering with IBS, but I haven't been able to get a more definitive diagnosis than that. Would you care to share the name of the doctor you're seeing? I'm in LA also and so far I'm having trouble finding people willing to focus on my gut issues.

I have results from a comprehensive stool test pending, but I don't know if my doctor will be able to really get to the root of my problem.

In case any one is reading and interested, I have a constipation issue, sharp pain in my lower abdomen, constantly spitting up fluid (not GERD I think because it's sticky and smelly), the liquid also feels like it's burning my tongue. I don't think this is yeast, but I think it's some kind of bacteria, and I've tried a few herbs but I need some help.

Cheers,
Congrats on making progress.

CFLNJ89
08-02-2014, 11:19 AM
I was having stomach issues believed to be IBS-D, they only tested me for celiac disease. I think if i had a gluten or yeast allergy id just roll over and die. Thats like 90% of my diet right there.

puzzik79
09-23-2014, 10:27 AM
Hi,

I'm suffering with IBS, but I haven't been able to get a more definitive diagnosis than that. Would you care to share the name of the doctor you're seeing? I'm in LA also and so far I'm having trouble finding people willing to focus on my gut issues.

I have results from a comprehensive stool test pending, but I don't know if my doctor will be able to really get to the root of my problem.

In case any one is reading and interested, I have a constipation issue, sharp pain in my lower abdomen, constantly spitting up fluid (not GERD I think because it's sticky and smelly), the liquid also feels like it's burning my tongue. I don't think this is yeast, but I think it's some kind of bacteria, and I've tried a few herbs but I need some help.

Cheers,
Congrats on making progress.

IBS Treatment Center in Santa Monica, CA.

Do it yourself health.

puzzik79
09-25-2014, 04:08 PM
I just finished reading Ian Michael Solley article called "IBS Not All in the Mind", it talks about the connection between removing toxins that cause IBS and food allergies.

I recently started making bone broth and eating organic gelatin in order to heal the tissues of the colon.

I decided to try ReNew Life Heavy Metal detox since I had my amalgam fillings removed while I was battling Candida. According to the article, the Candida gets out of control due to toxins and heavy metals, so removing those should help get rid of the Candida, leaky gut and the IBS.

I'm only on day 2 of the detox, but my IBS symptoms are just about gone. My colon feels normal for the past 36 hours without irritation, inflammation etc.

I had a decaf soy latte today, Tabulli (wheat grains my mother makes salad out of), a spoon of honey and I'm still fine.

I feel that any healthy individual that was otherwise healthy and got hit with IBS can get rid of it.

Please let me know if you need more info.

No one should tolerate living with this "curse" as I call it.