PDA

View Full Version : Brain fog/Light sensitivity/Digestive issues

thinkpink89
05-11-2014, 02:30 PM
Last October i had really bad digestive issues. Bloating/constipation and gas. I tried every single over the counter remedy, and nothing worked. Fast forward to December, and i found out i was pregnant. I started to feel a bit spaced out, it felt like i was extremely high. It would come and go, along with some headaches every couple of days, which with a little tylenol would be gone.This went away after a few weeks, and then a week later i miscarried. I did not feel spaced out, or have the headaches again until about 3 week later, and now the spaced out feeling is 24/7 from when i wake up to when i go to bed for the past 4 months.

I am certain that these issues have some link to digestive problems, because the spaced out feeling gets worse when i eat sugar/carbs. I have been to a gastro who did some stool samples, and the only thing that came back was yeast overgrowth in stool. He gave me nystatin for 10 days, and it didn't do anything except make me a little more regular with my bowel movements. He wanted to do a colonoscopy, but i have put that on hold because i don't want to go under anesthesia with my head feeling this way. Other symptoms i am experiencing:

Extreme light sensitivity
Heartburn only after "bad" foods
Bloating
Constipation
Stomach pressure
Itchy ears/nose
Post nasal drip
Vaginal yeast infections
urgency/frequency urination (microscopic blood found in urine)
Undigested food in stools
White tissue bits in urine and stool
Yellow nut looking things in stool sometimes without consuming nuts

I have had a ct scan of the head which was normal, and have been tested for celiac twice. I also read about yeast overgrowth issues seems my gastro found overgrowth in my stool. I saw a doctor who deals with yeast overgrowth who has given me nystatin and diflucan to try. I am giving it a go, but i am a little skeptical seems there is so much controversy over whether yeast overgrowth really exists. I am losing hope and i don't know where to turn next. I feel spaced out all the time, and it is really ruining my life. Anyone have a similar experience?

rederyn
05-15-2014, 08:05 AM
I would look into the candida diet. Medications are only a temporary fix, and a short course of meds may not even fix the problem. I went on the candida diet for 3 months, and felt great. No sugar, no carbs, so it's tough to follow. I used mainly paleo recipes, with modifications to keep them sugar and carb free.
Although I'm no longer on the candida diet, I still eat gluten and dairy free. I notice intense brain fog if I ingest gluten.
Good luck. Candida is a tough beast, and like you said, not always recognized by he medical community.

thinkpink89
05-15-2014, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Did you have 24/7 brain fog? I am on the diet and haven't noticed a difference at all. It is so frustrating. I was tested for celiac twice, both were negative. I just feel like this is some mystery illness i can never fix, and i am going to have to live with it forever!

rederyn
05-17-2014, 04:33 AM
I don't have brain fog 24/7, but I did notice it often until I tried hte candida diet. I followed until I couldn't stand it anymore, then slowly added things in. I don't feel brain fog now unless I eat gluten. It lasts quite a few hours, and is intense. I would probably feel better if I stayed on a more restrictive diet, but job and kids, aka life gets in the way! I agree that sibo may be the problem. I even suspect it in myself.

thinkpink89
05-17-2014, 09:52 AM
Do you know if there is a test for that? I do think this is digestive related for sure. I mean months of constipation must eventually cause issues

puzzik79
06-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Do you know if there is a test for that? I do think this is digestive related for sure. I mean months of constipation must eventually cause issues

The test for SIBO is a hydrogen breath test. I am not an expert on SIBO, but from what I was reading, it usually involves diarrhea.

As for the yeast, I'm dealing with it right now. It's been 3 months, and I'm almost fully done with it. Did the Doctor place you on a strict diet? I sure hope he did....otherwise you will not get better. Here is the diet I was put on:

Avoid the following: gluten, wheat, diary, cane sugar, cane syrup, starches, fruits (except avocado), oatmeal.

It is a tough regime, but you must allow your digestive tract to heal.

Supplements such as L-Glutemine and Turmeric should help the tissue, as well as DGL Licorice root.

I personally also recommend coffee enemas. It cleanses the liver/gallbladder and the colon.

Are you on probiotics?

Vitamin C and B complex as well.

This yeast is one tough organism and it does not give up very quickly.

You should also avoid coffee and alcohol.

thinkpink89
06-08-2014, 10:47 PM
Yes i am on the diet, my doctor said light sensitivity is not something she has heard of with yeast? Also my drunk feeling is constant and really bad. Sometimes i feel like super drunk/high. It is the worst. Idk if yeast can cause it to be this bad, or if it is more than just yeast.

puzzik79
06-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Yes i am on the diet, my doctor said light sensitivity is not something she has heard of with yeast? Also my drunk feeling is constant and really bad. Sometimes i feel like super drunk/high. It is the worst. Idk if yeast can cause it to be this bad, or if it is more than just yeast.

The yeast causes a multitude of problems. When mine started, it caused extreme insomnia, nausea and the "drunk feeling" all at once. It felt like the body was in this race and the race was never over.

The symptoms you're having are due to the yeast releasing toxins and your body is trying to beat it and clean up the mess.

The coffee enemas are great, I thought it was an insane idea in the beginning until I tried it. You can also go with Milk Thistle, which helps liver function.

The damn yeast causes so many different symptoms, that most Doctors can't connect the dots.

More of what I had....

Joint pain, headaches, body rashes, shivering, night sweats, nausea (some vomitting sometimes), stomach pains, depression, fatigue, suicidal thoughts.

It is very important not to give up, stick to the diet and start cleansing the system. So far it took me about 3 months to get rid of the inflammation/irritation of the colon.