PDA

View Full Version : Please advise, soft stools and malabsorption

Warlock786
05-25-2014, 07:52 AM
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
In November I started an extremely anxious phase where I thought I had HIV, got tested with a PCR and Elissa test at 7 1/2 weeks post exposure and was negative, got tested again at 4 1/2 months and was negative. I have put my anxiety aside now but I do have major digestive issues as my body is not absorbing nutrients. Blood tests showed low iron and Vitamin D, I feel fatigue most of the time.all stool tests show negative bacteria or parasite including pylori
The biggest difference is during workouts, I was was losing 600 to 800 calories during every workout session at one point and now if I push too much in the gym I feel malaise the day after.
Stool is soft and pale and shapeless ,probiotics has not done much. I saw bright red blood in my stool and had 2 stool tests, they show no bacteria or candida...could I have leaky gut ? Supplements are really not helping, I have recently started digestive enzymes and they are really helping with energy levels.
Can anyone please advise on my condition, what tests will I need to get done to get to the root of the issue, I am tired of going from Dr. to Dr. to no avail.
Also not sure if it is related but I have excessive dandruff, dry skin and my left toe is numb. Anal fissures have recently appeared and I do have anal itch at times. Dry mouth to some degree as well.

Could the extreme anxiety have messed up my system to cause chronic diahorrea and subsequently malabsorption .
Please respond

Thanks in Anticipation

puzzik79
06-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Hi Everyone,
Stool is soft and pale and shapeless ,probiotics has not done much. I saw bright red blood in my stool and had 2 stool tests, they show no bacteria or candida...could I have leaky gut

Blood in the stool is not good. How often does it happen?

Is it diarriah with blood?

If the stool test was negative for everything, I would go with colonoscopy next to see if any Crohn's or UC are present.

STLouisgal
06-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Anal fissures (which you said you have) and hemorrhoids can cause blood in the stool from the tears or inflammation and irritation in the anal and rectal tissues. Once these heal (which they usually do on their own), you should not see any more blood in the stool. Chronic diarrhea can also cause the tissues to get irritated which can cause some streaks of blood in the stool. Of course, there are also more serious causes of blood in the stool which would require some testing through a gastroenterologist.