PDA

View Full Version : Diarrohea from anxiety

Ysanne
05-28-2014, 12:59 AM
Hi there,

I have IBS and which I think is mainly down to anxiety. This is getting to be a real problem as I seem to have constant diarrohea from anxiety and worrying. I mainly worry about having an ' accident' when I'm out due to the diarrohea, which in turn seems to give me diarrohea!! I am on holiday at the moment and it is ruining it for me and everyone else as we get ready to go out and then we have to cancel as I'm stuck on the toilet! I also get bad nausea with this, and suffer with a vomit phobia!! Has anyone got any advice as I feel really miserable and desperate, and other people don't seem to understand.

Thank you!!

puzzik79
06-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Hi there,

I have IBS and which I think is mainly down to anxiety. This is getting to be a real problem as I seem to have constant diarrohea from anxiety and worrying. I mainly worry about having an ' accident' when I'm out due to the diarrohea, which in turn seems to give me diarrohea!! I am on holiday at the moment and it is ruining it for me and everyone else as we get ready to go out and then we have to cancel as I'm stuck on the toilet! I also get bad nausea with this, and suffer with a vomit phobia!! Has anyone got any advice as I feel really miserable and desperate, and other people don't seem to understand.

Thank you!!

Sounds like it's time for a DNA stool test and a food allergy panel.

Ysanne
06-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Thank you! I've had all that done already. No
Luck.... :-((

puzzik79
06-09-2014, 09:06 AM
Thank you! I've had all that done already. No
Luck.... :-((

You had a DNA stool test or a regular stool test?

The food allergy panel is an IgA/IgE/IgG blood test. It is then ran against 100 types of foods. Is that what you had done?

What is your diet like? What do you eat?

Ysanne
06-09-2014, 12:10 PM
I had the full works on the stool test! Also yes paid for the antibody food allergy tests. Came back with just a mild intolerance to asparagus and corn. It was very disappointing! Have just been to docs tonight and got some anti anxiety medication! Finding it hard to cope with it all. Downside is common side effects could be diarrohea, nausea and vomiting- it's putting me off a bit!!

JimB
06-20-2014, 08:42 PM
I've had IBS off and on for years, and it has impacted both my social and professional life. It goes away for months or even years, and then something triggers a relapse that may last for days or weeks. It is unpredictable, and very annoying. Before I retired, I traveled a lot and attended long meetings. Having IBS made it difficult to focus on my job, and I was exhausted both mentally and physically. So I can completely empathize with you. It sounds like the only test you haven't had is a colonoscopy to check for polyps, but since your other tests are negative and you don't have any other symptoms, it probably isn't necessary. If it is definitely IBS, then there's a good possibility it will get better by itself. It is important to keep a daily log of your diet and stressors, in an effort to help determine what triggers it. Sometimes even keeping a log doesn't reveal anything. Be assured that lots of people have this disorder, and somehow we find ways to cope.

spiritgirl72
07-18-2014, 06:17 PM
Hi Ysanne, I have IBS and was told to eat more fiber and control my stress level, which is easier said than done. The doctor said that stress is the no.1 trigger. I don't know if you have had the pain yet but believe me you don't want to have it. I almost went to the er it was so bad. I have now had bleeding and have to go back to doctor Monday for that. Try to learn how to Meditate, that's what I have been doing instead of taking drugs that are addicting. I hope you feel better and you should have the Colonoscopy done

Ysanne
08-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Thank you! Yes I've had colonoscopy and all was ok! Hope you got on ok at the doctor the other day?! I don't have pain- yet!! Just the nausea and persistent loose bowels/ worried sick about my impending trip abroad :-((