PDA

View Full Version : Ibs ... Anxiety help

deborah92
06-02-2014, 04:53 AM
Hello My names deb I'm 22, I am currently facing real bad anxiety.. I have been to A&E twice with this discomforting pain under my left rib cage.. doesnt hurt but feels annoying the doctors said that its IBS and sent me away but i cant get my head out of thinking its a horrible disease :( ...When I think about it i start panicking and nothing can get my head round ... I have had a mix of constipation and diarrhoea, I get bloated after eating and theres a pain in my back and sometimes chest ...
Does anyone else get this.. I'm going crazy

solofelix
06-02-2014, 07:49 AM
Hi,

I got diagnosed with the same, IBS and I had the exact same symptoms as you.
There is little cure for it and I was prescribed "Colpermin" which did nothing for me.
Some people suffer cramp like pains with it, I never did I had just what you describe.
The only helpful advice I can give is to look up diets for IBS and pick out the foods that you would like and even then it's a case of finding what agrees with you and what doesn't.
I don't know if others have the same but mine has improved a lot of late without even trying so it could be a case of good/bad times.
Two things I found helpful were "Aloe Vera Juice" and "Domperidone" but what suits one person may not another.
I still believe that finding a diet that suits you will be the most helpful,

Solofelix.

PS... Anxiety and Stress can make symptoms worse.

Chellybean18
06-04-2014, 01:41 PM
I have something similar. I've never been diagnosed with ibs or anything but I get a pressure under my rib cage and I've had it since I started panicking about 8 years ago. It makes it difficult to breathe! But of course I panic a lot too so maybe that's why :/ anyway it probably is anxiety along with ibs.