PDA

View Full Version : Desperate for advice

Supastar90
06-05-2014, 04:15 AM
Would like to hear everyones opinion on what the heck is wrong with me.

Rundown of symptoms:

Bloating
Gas
Constipation (although this has eased somewhat by introducing a concoction of magnesium/fibre/slippery elm)
Intermittent indigestion
Occasionally will feel worse after BM

I remember experiencing constipation as a child, and would have bouts of it on and off into my adulthood. It is only the past 3/4 years that the other symptoms have appeared. Initially they weren't too bothersome, now they present themselves daily.

I have had blood tests to check for coeliac/inflammation markers, stool sample testing, X-ray - all normal. I have tried fibre supplements, digestive enzymes and probiotics.

I have also had one of those IgG food intolerance tests done. Results showed level 4 (highest level of reaction) to egg and cows milk, with level 3 for wheat/gluten/oats/barley/rye etc. Upon further investigation I have learnt that these tests aren't necessarily concrete.

I have been been doing gluten/dairy/egg free (or to the best of my ability - I'm sure tiny amounts get in here and there) and also following the FODMAP guide.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could try to eliminate this problem all together? I can't afford to listen to anymore expensive doctors/health professionals all tell me the same thing and not fix my problem.

It's very difficult to explain my symptoms as they don't follow any logical sequence. I may eat a donut and be fine, then have a salad and be painfully bloated and full of gas for hours? One thing I've noticed is that 9 times out of 10 I wake up each morning and feel fine.

Thanks guys

puzzik79
06-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Would like to hear everyones opinion on what the heck is wrong with me.

Rundown of symptoms:

Bloating
Gas
Constipation (although this has eased somewhat by introducing a concoction of magnesium/fibre/slippery elm)
Intermittent indigestion
Occasionally will feel worse after BM

I remember experiencing constipation as a child, and would have bouts of it on and off into my adulthood. It is only the past 3/4 years that the other symptoms have appeared. Initially they weren't too bothersome, now they present themselves daily.

I have had blood tests to check for coeliac/inflammation markers, stool sample testing, X-ray - all normal. I have tried fibre supplements, digestive enzymes and probiotics.

I have also had one of those IgG food intolerance tests done. Results showed level 4 (highest level of reaction) to egg and cows milk, with level 3 for wheat/gluten/oats/barley/rye etc. Upon further investigation I have learnt that these tests aren't necessarily concrete.

I have been been doing gluten/dairy/egg free (or to the best of my ability - I'm sure tiny amounts get in here and there) and also following the FODMAP guide.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could try to eliminate this problem all together? I can't afford to listen to anymore expensive doctors/health professionals all tell me the same thing and not fix my problem.

It's very difficult to explain my symptoms as they don't follow any logical sequence. I may eat a donut and be fine, then have a salad and be painfully bloated and full of gas for hours? One thing I've noticed is that 9 times out of 10 I wake up each morning and feel fine.

Thanks guys

A few questions for you....

1. The food panel should include IgA/IgE/IgG, were all of these tested?

The food allergies split into 2 groups:

A. Those that will carry on for life.

B. Those that are temporary due to an imbalance in the digestive tract.

From your results, it sounds like yeast (candida overgrowth).

2. Was the stool test comprehensive (DNA based?), if it wasn't, it was a waste of time. The standard stool test usually come back negative and miss the culprit.

3. What kind of eggs were you allergic to? chicken or other? If it's chicken, you can do duck eggs.

* Cow milks is a common one, go with coconut milk.

You should really try to find out if you have an yeast overgrowth, so you can start the right diet. It won't be easy, but it's worth it.

Supastar90
06-12-2014, 03:01 AM
If no parasites or eggs were shown in the stool test, why would this person do a parasite detox?

Unless the stool test was not a DNA stool test............

Thanks for the replies.

I actually just got a copy of all my recent tests as I'm supposed to be seeing a dietitian in a couple weeks (still undecided whether or not to cancel the appointment... Sick of wasting my time and money)

The stool test was "microbiological examination of faeces" - results were:

APPEARANCE: formed
WET PREP: giardia and cryptosporidium not detected
CONCENTRATE: no ova, cysts or parasites seen
CULTURE: no salmonella, shigella or campylobacter species isolated

My abdomen X-Ray showed "moderate degree of faecal loading throughout the large bowel. Bowel gas pattern non-specific"

I tried the candida spit test - where you spit into a glass of water in the morning and should it separate/form string like attachments then it could indicate an overgrowth ... The outcome was low/moderate.. There were a few fragments which separated but nothing extremely noticeable.

Supastar90
06-24-2014, 01:37 AM
bump :)

I also forgot to mention that I remember having bouts of constipation as a child.