PDA

View Full Version : Dull Ache/Upper Right Quad

b2e
06-16-2014, 06:56 AM
Howdy,
I'm a 31 y/o male and I've recently experienced a very dull sensation on my ride side, upper quadrant (well, maybe more mid quadrant). I'm overly sensitive about my health (hypochondriac) and I'm a little freaked out. Just had my annual back in January (14) and everything was fine (other than high cholesterol which Iím seeking to address through exercise). Admittedly, I do enjoy a drink but could I have gone too far and now damaged my liver? Absolutely no other symptoms (e.g. back pain, discoloring of skin, bloody stools, etc.). Even when I touch the area, it feels completely normal (like if I touch any other part of my stomach / rib cage area. I have doubled my daily H20 intake to flush my kidneys/liver. Am I blowing this completely out of proportion or should I be worried? Is it possible that I could have elevated my liver enzymes since my annual and that resulted in liver damage.
I appreciate your insight.

Titchou
06-16-2014, 02:13 PM
If it's just under the ribcage, it could be your gallbladder. You would need an ultrasound and possibly a HIDA scan to determine whether it is that.

Power on
06-16-2014, 05:19 PM
A great way to tell if its your gallbladder is to purchase some beet juice drink it and and after 2 to 3 days if it helps you may need to continue use of the beet juice until the symtoms clear good luck