PDA

View Full Version : Unintentional Weight Loss

mmegggann
06-19-2014, 06:25 AM
I am a 23 year old female and am 5'1". Within the last couple of months I had some stomach issues so decided to go to the Gastro where they diagnosed me with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).

Since February I have noticed that I have lost a decent amount of weight without really changing my work out or eating habits. When I went to the doctors in February of 2014 I was about 113 lbs (with clothes on) and when going to the doctors in May I was about 105 (with clothes on).

There was a point in time where I did a Jillian Michaels work out for two weeks but can't imagine that I would lose 7-10 pounds because of the work out.

However, I have been very stressed and anxious about my health issues as well as beginning a new job in my field (started in February).

They did a bunch of blood tests to test for gluten sensitivity, WBC count, thyroid, liver count and everything came back normal.

Since my visit in May I have been monitoring my weight and it has stayed about the same 103-106. The average weight for someone my height and age is between 100-115 lbs so am still in the normal weight but worried that the weight that I lost is due to an underlying more serious illness.

Please let me know if anyone has any good medical input regarding my concerns. Thank you!