PDA

View Full Version : Diarrrhia so often

pa235
06-27-2014, 05:22 AM
I have IBS for years but if I had a flare yesterday it was the worse as far as Diarrhia goes. I went at least 20 times, the cramping was awful and burping a terrible taste. I started taking pepto bismol about 8 last night and went one more time but had D already this AM.I would drink water and I was in the bathroom in no time, usually 3 times in a row. Some of stool looked almost clear with dirt in it.

That is normal for me to go up to 6 times in the Am sometimes loose other times D. This was all day long. Anyone else go that often? I did have a slice of pizza that was very, very greasy.

Thanks, Pa

RetiredGD
06-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Do you take a probiotic? If not, take VSL#3. I get it from Costco (best price). It in the pharmacy because it has to stay refrigerated. Best stuff ever.

pa235
06-28-2014, 06:41 AM
I took Pepto Bismol four times 15 MlS. each dose, but never shook the bottle. I was feeling so bad and the print is so small, can this do any harm? I am having a blood vessel removed from my gum on Tues. called the ENT to see if being unwell and taking Pepto would affect the surgery. He said as long as I am feeling okay it would be fine. But did not tell him I never shook the bottle. There is a stomach bug going around in our area.

pacosta
07-09-2014, 12:31 PM
clear with dirt, I've had that but not that many times.

pa235
07-09-2014, 12:49 PM
We don't have a costco near us, 60 miles or more away. I will have my dil check the probiotic for me, she lives near one She shops there often,. I think this time was a stomach bug, A lot of people had it and have it. I emailed my dil and she will pick it up for me, they will be here this weekend. She takes the same thing.

Thanks for the replies.

ra7291
07-09-2014, 12:59 PM
I have IBS for years but if I had a flare yesterday it was the worse as far as Diarrhia goes. I went at least 20 times, the cramping was awful and burping a terrible taste. I started taking pepto bismol about 8 last night and went one more time but had D already this AM.I would drink water and I was in the bathroom in no time, usually 3 times in a row. Some of stool looked almost clear with dirt in it.

That is normal for me to go up to 6 times in the Am sometimes loose other times D. This was all day long. Anyone else go that often? I did have a slice of pizza that was very, very greasy.

Thanks, Pa
I take welchol for my d, i have had ibs for yrs also , i hope you have a good gastrotonologist , and had proper treatment , have u been through all the normal tests colonoscopy ,blood work, stool samples ? I had my gallbladder out and thats what started my d , i was ibs c until then . Anyway please get checked out , i got really sick and lost weight from the d and wish i would of went sooner . 20 times is not good , i ended up in the hosptial more than once i got dehydrated really bad from the d the welchol is a cholesterol med but they use it for ibs i hope you can ask a dr and find out it has saved my life . Drink lots of gatorade and get to a dr asap !

pa235
07-09-2014, 01:15 PM
My IBs started the same way right after gall surgery, My daughter has it also and had her gall out 3 years ago, she blames the surgery for the IBS. I have read so many posts of people blaming gall surgery for their IBS and I agree. I never heard that the chol med you are on helps with IBS. My chol total is 140 so don't take anything for it.