PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Illness

Jerball200
06-28-2014, 08:52 AM
Hello all,

First I sympathize with so many of you reading these posts. So many people not feeling well...

Unfortunately I'm one of those people. For the last three months I've been experiencing numerous symptons with no answers from neurologists, cardiologists or the Emergency Room.

Hoping some of you can provide some direction? Tired of doctors who don't know me suggesting it's all anxiety!

-Pins and needles tingling in hands/feet
-Muscle twitching in hands/feet like an electrical shock
-Eye floaters and pain
-Headaches in forehead
-Short periods of high blood pressure (as high as 190/150)
-Chest pressure and tightness
-Shortness of breath
-Intense pains lasting for 10-15 seconds at a time in ankles, hands, face
-Bruise easily (sometimes a huge bruise from something I can't remember!)
-Inability to sweat, even in hot conditions
-Weight loss

Any ideas??? Open to everything! Thank you!

ladybud
06-28-2014, 01:27 PM
It would help in addition to your list of symptoms to list all the blood tests and other tests you have had already and any abnormal or borderline results. The spikes of such high BP are concerning. Would you say all these symptoms occur together or in episodes? How much weight have you lost? How old are you? Any medical history at all? Some additional info/clarification would help a lot. Thanks.

Jerball200
06-28-2014, 02:28 PM
Ladybud,

Thanks for responding. Most of the symptons occur together for days or weeks then subside only to return a week or two later. The tingling and twitching has been happening for nearly three months without a break of more than a couple days.

I'm 25 years old without any previous medical issues. I've lost 10 pounds, which is 6% of my body weight.

All blood/lab results have been normal: glucose, pheocytoma, carcinoid, hemoglobin, Rheumatoid and Sjogren's.

ladybud
06-30-2014, 04:56 AM
Have you had an ANA blood test for lupus? I was going to suggest a test for pheo, but glad that has been done. Were sed rate and CRP done? I think those are important. Any fevers during the episodes? Episodes like this with symptom free periods, or nearly so, are typical of autoimmune disorders. I would pursue that path. Dr. may be reluctant to look at lupus possibility because you are male, but it happens (10%) of cases. I would be sure to get a urinalysis as well. Were kidney functions tested? (BUN/creatinine) on chemistry panel. What if any diseases have been in your family? An important piece of any medical puzzle.