PDA

View Full Version : Fainting/concussion

Jimmyjam58
06-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Back in late fall I had a dizzy spell but didn't faint. It went on for at least 5-10 minutes before I was able to go on. I was out walking in the woods basically doing nothing when it happened. In Late May I was out walking again and felt really faint and dizzy and passed out. During both episodes it was only in the 60's/70's and I was not exerting myself.
After my fainting a month ago I ended up in the ER and everything including ekg, enzyme work etc. was normal. I did hit my head fairly hard to the point I had a bloody nose, a cut over my left eye, and a bruised right cheek. They didn't do a CT scan at the ER.
Ever since the fainting and falling I have had mild headaches above my eyes, on top of my head and in the back of my head. I also feel spacey. My thinking was that I had a concussion but all of the docs I've seen say no but Im not buying it. I havent had but 5 headaches in my entire 56 years so why now??
Since then I have had a CT scan (negative), eeg (negative), thorough eye exam (negative), Cardio Stress test and table test (negative) and the latest a visit to the ENT (negative) thinking maybe vertigo or something actually caused the fall and not from fainting.
I have an appt with an electrophysiologist but not until August 20th and am trying to get into a endochronologist to see if I have any metabolism or low blood sugar problems.
Any opinions? I just don't think all of the doctors are taking me seriously and not doing enough. I am no doctor but I would think by now someone would have had me monitor my glucose, heart rate, blood pressure or something!!!
Thanks for anyone who has any thoughts. Jim