PDA

View Full Version : Bloating, Constipation, Abdominal Pain from Bacterial Imbalance?

07-16-2014, 06:09 AM
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who can offer me some advice or personal experience.

I have suffered from constipation pretty much my entire life. The last 2 years I have had increasing pain in my abdomen and bloating. The bloating developed slowly - once every here and there to begin with. Now I get bloated every single day, without fail, regardless of what I eat or drink. As soon as I drink a glass of water my stomach expands.
I have always had a fairly healthy diet. I have been seeing a naturopath and she has given me some medication which has helped with the constipation and pain. I have also been following a no sugar/dairy/gluten diet. My bloating symptoms have not changed however.

A stool test revealed that I have an imbalance of bacteria in my gut, so much so that some of the good bacteria are completely wiped out.

I have been following this diet and taking medication to restore the "ecosystem" of bacteria in my gut for 4 months now, but have not seen any change in bloating. I'm wondering if I should look for other treatment or just give it time...

Any advice, experience, thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Stretch1one
07-29-2014, 08:03 PM
I had to fake a antibiotic then loads of probiotics to restore proper gut health