PDA

View Full Version : Ibs

spiritgirl72
07-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Hello, this is my first posting and I'm looking for information about blood clots with IBS. I have an appointment with the doctor Monday. He told me before that I had IBS but I never had the blood before. The first time I had IBS I almost went to the ER because the pain was horrendous. Any other info will be appreciated.

Stretch1one
07-29-2014, 08:01 PM
How did your Dr visit go?

spiritgirl72
07-30-2014, 10:56 AM
Hello, I went to the doctor and have to have a colonoscopy to confirm a diagnosis of also having Diverticulitis which is where the extreme pain and blood comes from. The Diverticula are little pouches on the colon that food can get in to cause inflammation which also inflames the colon, etc. This can be helped by diet, by eliminating nuts, seeds, popcorn, anything small enough to land in the pouch. This can become dangerous if it gets worse because it can perforate the colon and release waste into the abdomen. Also you can get a general infection and need antibiotics. Acidic foods also should be eliminated because they are irritating also. Hope this helps, if you have extreme pain on the left side of abdomen that's probably what it is. You will definitely know it.

Stretch1one
07-30-2014, 10:53 PM
Wow that's a lot to take in I have had a colonoscopy a few years ago they found that I have microscopic diverticulosis but no blood I am going in tomorrow for a chest and abdominal CT to rule out any other nasty reason for my abdominal pain good luck