PDA

View Full Version : How can I help him? My boyfriend is a drug addict/alcoholic!

Kevin825
07-19-2014, 02:52 AM
I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half and what started as good has fallen as he became addicted to alcohol. He is a very bad alcoholic, and he goes out to bars, and gets so wasted that he dosen't remember anything. Then when we get into arguments, he makes it like it was my fault that he went out, and got drunk in the first place. He doesn't see a problem in his choices and he gets mad when I bring up that I don't even know what to believe anymore because this has caused him to lie to me on more than one occasion. Friday night he didn't come home until 11:00 a.m the next morning. I am just fed up. :(

iRibb0n
07-19-2014, 03:27 AM
so , you can put him in health center even if he refuses tell him that its for his own good , medical and psychological help should be good for him

MightyAJ
08-04-2014, 02:15 AM
With that condition, it is important that your problem will accept the problem. I mean how will you help someone who doesnt like to be help. Its a very hard scenario. You need a lot of patience for him in order to help him. But now he needs is realization to acknowledge the help you are giving. Dont give up. His love for you maybe greater than addiction, who knows.

hollyxo
08-04-2014, 08:45 AM
I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half and what started as good has fallen as he became addicted to alcohol. He is a very bad alcoholic, and he goes out to bars, and gets so wasted that he dosen't remember anything. Then when we get into arguments, he makes it like it was my fault that he went out, and got drunk in the first place. He doesn't see a problem in his choices and he gets mad when I bring up that I don't even know what to believe anymore because this has caused him to lie to me on more than one occasion. Friday night he didn't come home until 11:00 a.m the next morning. I am just fed up. :(

Hi girl! Reading this message I was quick to remember all the times I was left heartbroken when my ex alcoholic boyfriend would go missing for weekends at a time and not come home due to a night of drinking. My hope for you is that you let go of the guilt associated with him blaming YOU for the reason he left. He USED you as a reason, and turned it around on you. I will tell you - unless he receives professional help and therapy and dedicates himself to becoming sober this will become your future. It took me 2 years to realize this. I am a 21 year old student who lived with my ex for a year and I was left devastated too many times. I wish you luck. x

rosequartz
08-04-2014, 09:30 AM
He doesn't see a problem in his choices

sounds like you don't see a problem in your choices either!
get rid of him and choose a better boyfriend!