PDA

View Full Version : mysterious upper abdominal pain

dmk550
08-09-2014, 09:22 AM
My 14 year old daughter has suffered abdominal pain for the last five months. At first the pain was diagnosed to be related to her appendix. It was removed and for a couple of weeks she felt better but then she started experiencing pain in her upper abdomen. Every test imaginable has been done, endoscopy, colonoscopy,ultra sounds, mri's,ct scans, hida scan, blood work, celiac,crohns,but all come back negative. The pain is constant. She feels nauseous often, and vomits frequently. She has a hard time sleeping because of the pain. Has anyone experienced the same situation? any cures?

Titchou
08-09-2014, 10:35 AM
What was her score on the HIDA (and if you don't know, call and find out - "normal" is not an acceptable result)?

dmk550
08-09-2014, 01:50 PM
What was her score on the HIDA (and if you don't know, call and find out - "normal" is not an acceptable result)?

I have access to all her test results and for the HIDA test there really wasn't a score ,it stated "The maximum gallbladder ejection fraction was greater than 70%." Thank you for taking an interest.

Titchou
08-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Over 75% is considered non-functioning and needs to be removed. I'd see if I could get a more definitive answer from the facility/radiologist. It could be this is her problem...