mnv99
08-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Does anyone has a recommendation for HDL booster by Enzymatics

My Dietician has recommended this.

I've tried all other avenues like work out, avocados etc

any insights, opinions would be apprecaiated

Voxx976
08-12-2014, 02:18 PM
It's a scam, a bunch of unproven vitamins and herbs.

The only thing that I have ever had work for me was alcohol. When I drink for a month my HDL is about 10-15 points higher than when I teetoatal for a month.
Even exercise has no effect.

I have tried niacin but I cannot take it in a high enough dosage because of extreme painful flushing at anything over 250 mg.

mnv99
08-13-2014, 09:36 PM
Thanks. This helps

52ken
08-14-2014, 04:11 AM
Drinking alcohol and increasing HDL that much is very rare. If lower HDL is hereditary there isn't too much you can do to increase it. The only thing that helped me some was pure Hershey's cocoa. You can either drink it in hot cocoa or add it to foods like oatmeal. My total cholesterol is good but my HDL was in the low 30s but now it is in the upper 30s. I think the most important numbers are your cholesterol ratios and so does my doctor. Good luck.

tess201
08-14-2014, 04:36 AM
Does anyone has a recommendation for HDL booster by Enzymatics

My Dietician has recommended this.

I've tried all other avenues like work out, avocados etc

any insights, opinions would be apprecaiated

These are all good ingredients in the Enzymatic product. You could give it a try. Also consider Flush Niacin. It works amazingly well! You just have to make sure it is Flush (not non flush) and start at a very low dose and then ramp up very slowly. Let your body dictate how quickly you increase the dosage. When flushing is minimal you can increase the milligrams a bit. Eventually you want to get to about 1200 mg.

Tess