PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like the beginning of crows feet?

HighlyBlessed
09-19-2014, 08:05 AM
I don't know if I'm overreacting or not. But I have a line going from the side of my eye to the side. Its one line and I just noticed it two years ago and it bothers me a lot. My Mom says it has always been there and its part of my eyes. But I don't known if she's trying to make me feel better. I don't want to have to get botox. But I'm scared it'll get worse by the time I'm 30 or 40. My dermatologist gave me retin A and I use coconut oil. But now I don't want to smile. I'm scared it'll grow longer and turn into crows feet. It seems no one can see it if its not that close. Can some have normal lines that go from the side outward? My other eye is normal. I feel really doomed. I have great genes in myfamily and I don't smoke nor drink. I just turned 24.

MSNik
10-20-2014, 03:06 PM
The line you describe is perfectly normal for your age- and probably not crows feet. Unless you have had sun damage around your eyes and this is from that, you are too young. Crows feet do not show up before your mid 30s.
You should be careful of coconut oil...that can be dangerous around your eyes. Invest in a good eye cream and start using it now. It will keep the crows feet at bay when you are in your 30s and 40s. Please dont stop smiling!
MSNik

HighlyBlessed
10-21-2014, 04:17 AM
Thanks for responding, I'm just really afraid because it extends out and then the other eye is starting to get a line on the side. I've been using retin a and don't know if its helping or not. What cream do you recommend?

MSNik
10-22-2014, 03:13 AM
Be very careful using Retin-A around the eye area. Make sure you arent going to close to the eye....its meant to go only on the orbitol bone and above the eyebrow and only a pea sized amount between the two eyes.

I dont recommend brands- but anything at the department store is usually of high quality. I stay away from drug store brands because the quality of the ingrediants is usally lesser.

MSnik

HighlyBlessed
10-22-2014, 06:11 AM
Thank you all. The thing is I had one little line by my eye that I noticed at 17 it was very small and short and no one could see it but me. I remember it being there around 16-17. But one day I showed my sister and she said it was a wrinkle and that it'll grow longer and etc. So I became obsessed and started the retin a and I had an allergic reaction now that line that was there has gotten longer and deeper and its more little lines, the line is now in the crows feet area when I smile. And now my other eye has a little line there that wasn't there before. I saw my dermatologist and said that the allergic reaction caused scarring and its not a wrinkle itsa scar that's making it look that way. It just seems to real. I mean I have people what's wring with my eye And it looks terrible. Its been a month. I mean you could really see it when I laugh its going out to my temple and it wasnt the way before. I saw another dermatologist and he said only botox or fillers would fix it. I'm really depressed over this. I've been using hyalrunic acid eye cream and vitamin c serum. I was it would go back to the way it was before.

MSNik
10-23-2014, 04:19 AM
Its going to take longer than a month for a scar to fade. There are products on the market like Meloderma, which help to fade scars- but I dont know how safe they are for the eye area. Please check with your doctor before you use something like that.
In the meantime, you are way too young to be fixated on this! More than likely no one sees it but you~ but since it is bothering you. Take a look at products like dermablend...they are made to conceal scars and birthmarks. You might be able to find a department store makeup artist (or Sephora) to show you how to use it and get the best conceal possible. Its a very heavy concealer, and not blendable like an undereye concealer- you have to learn how to work with it to get the best results.
MSNik

HighlyBlessed
10-23-2014, 06:01 AM
Its going to take longer than a month for a scar to fade. There are products on the market like Meloderma, which help to fade scars- but I dont know how safe they are for the eye area. Please check with your doctor before you use something like that.
In the meantime, you are way too young to be fixated on this! More than likely no one sees it but you~ but since it is bothering you. Take a look at products like dermablend...they are made to conceal scars and birthmarks. You might be able to find a department store makeup artist (or Sephora) to show you how to use it and get the best conceal possible. Its a very heavy concealer, and not blendable like an undereye concealer- you have to learn how to work with it to get the best results.
MSNik

You're right. I'm just around very critical people that call out every flaw. In my mind I'm thinking I'm premature aging. I just keep wondering what if its not a scar and a true wrinkle. Since my two dermatologist are saying two different things. I always had a little line now looks expanded. That's the scary part. But I'm going to give it some time and hope it improves. I've just began to use a little bio oil on the outer corners. Thanks so much for your help and listening. You guys saved me from doing something crazy like getting botox.