PDA

View Full Version : Had 3 heart catths in the last 6 years and..

PainIntheneck3
09-30-2014, 11:28 AM
The first two were done by a different cardiologist across the state. Both times, he found 3 blockages, 25, 10 and 20%. I have been on Pravastatin, Welchol and Tricor for years and still my lipid profile is bad. This time the new cardiologist did a cath and said I had NO blockages at all. I asked him why and he said that the prescriptions had taken care of those blockages. WHAT???

Is he correct?

Sratching head in Arkansas

chetansha
11-08-2014, 10:58 PM
The first two were done by a different cardiologist across the state. Both times, he found 3 blockages, 25, 10 and 20%. I have been on Pravastatin, Welchol and Tricor for years and still my lipid profile is bad. This time the new cardiologist did a cath and said I had NO blockages at all. I asked him why and he said that the prescriptions had taken care of those blockages. WHAT???

Is he correct?

Sratching head in Arkansas

HARD to believe but anything is possible. It can be combination of meds + exercise ( routine day to day work is also exercise) and since your blocks were very low and i think new, it could have reversed, yes blockage reversal is possible, try reading dean ornish.

PainIntheneck3
11-09-2014, 06:40 AM
HARD to believe but anything is possible. It can be combination of meds + exercise ( routine day to day work is also exercise) and since your blocks were very low and i think new, it could have reversed, yes blockage reversal is possible, try reading dean ornish.

Thank you for your reply. I do not get any exercise and my lipid profiles are always bad even with medication. I am taking Tricor, Welchol and Crestor.

arihalli
11-24-2014, 02:44 AM
You don't say how old you are or whether or not you had stents placed.

I wish i had blockages that low....