PDA

View Full Version : OCD and Waiting That Seems Forever

Frangelico
10-20-2014, 01:23 AM
On a late Friday afternoon when I receive news, mails, letters or voice mail that make me disagree or dispute the contents of the messages, I freak out because I want to respond right away, right at that moment. But the worst part is because it's a weekend and business offices are closed, I feel restless and extremely anxious the whole night of Friday, the whole day and night of Saturday, the whole day and night of Sunday because of waiting forever for Monday without relief. My whole weekend becomes 2 days of nightmare, mental torture, and pure hell! I could hardly wait for Monday to come when business offices are open so that I can call and get in touch with a person who is the supervisor or the manager of the company. I know my OCD is coming back because for the past 2 months I've been suffering from stress, nervousness, and anxiety as a result of an ongoing business transaction that has taken long enough to get completed. But that's another long story. I believe that my OCD gets activated or renewed when I am anxious and depressed. I need help to calm down and to take it easy. But it is impossible for me to relax when I am overly anxious.

Nadeen32
11-25-2014, 06:46 PM
Wow, you just described my weekends. I get so stressed about work and clients. I sometimes cannot sleep and cannot wait to return to work to address an issue. I should be grateful for the weekend, but it's just time for me to sit and mentally torment myself. I find when I stay busy I have less time to think. You may want to try walking or running. It's a great way to clear your mind. Last year, it really helped me feel relaxed and in control. I've been lazy recently and I've noticed my anxiety increasing.