PDA

View Full Version : Alcoholic

xamx
10-29-2014, 10:06 PM
My dad who is 53 at the moment has been drinking since his late 20s early 30s. And he drink beer every single day. 12-17 Budweiser cans a day. So, heavy drinking for 25 years. I'm 19 and have to go through his verbal violence almost every day. Always verbal. My mother doesnt want to leave because she works all day and i have a 6 year old sister. She's afraid of who will be taking care of the little one since im at school most of the day and she works. Plus finding a place for us would take a lot. I just want to know what would be the lifespan of someone who drinks this much. I'm not saying i want him to Die. I just want to know how much longer this will be..
I sound like a terrible daughter, i know. And i'm sorry. But honestly, i'm so tired of this.
So please, any feedback or information, pretty please. Thank you so much.

lenvegas
11-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Hi, I am sorry for your unfortunate situation, I know it is hard dealing with this on a daily bases. Most alcoholics cut their life short from complications related to their drinking. There are other important factors to longevity such as smoking, being overweight, poor nutrition, being sedentary, high blood pressure so not knowing your fathers current health status makes it difficult to predict his life span. It may be in your best interest to attend an Al Anon meeting which is for friends and family of alcoholics. It is a sub chapter to Alcoholics Anonymous. It is a great place for support and to get to know people who are in your same situation. It is comforting to know that there are many people who go through the same thing you do. I wish I could give you some solution to your situation but all I can really say is that if his abusive behavior ever escalates to something physical, you need to immediately call the police. Hope it gets better....

Phoenix
11-11-2014, 02:34 PM
" I just want to know what would be the lifespan of someone who drinks this much. I'm not saying i want him to Die. I just want to know how much longer this will be.. "

Some may consider this bordering on being morbid but I understand completely about alcoholism in the family, from the point of abuse (both verbal and physical).

Lenvegas gives some sound advice that you may want to consider looking into.

You may not be able to change your family situation but quite possibly you'll be able to change the way you react to it.

Respectfully Stated
Phoenix

susan923
11-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear of your troubles with your alcoholic father. Please at any point you feel threatened that he may hurt your sister, mum or yourself. Do no hesitate to contact police. There are great support systems for families that are struggling with abuse. Verbal abuse is worse than physical in my opinion. It hurts deep. Your fathers life expectancy cant be very long. His liver has irreversible damage. As well I cant imagine what his habit has cost your family financially. I hope everything works out for you.