PDA

View Full Version : Need help and advice from fellow people.

WeaverLJ
11-08-2014, 05:40 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Lucas and I'm a 22 year old male. I've always ate healthy and am huge into bodybuilding until everything went crazy. Roughly 5 months ago I got food poisoning I'm guessing. I was at my girlfriends dorm and got an incredible feeling of lethargicness and hot flashes. This lead to abdominal pains and diarrhea. No vomiting and was subsided by the next morning. Exactly one month later the same thing happened. I went to the ER because my stomach pain was terrible. Blood work came back great as well as urine. Everything was great for about a month then I started having issues. Frequent loose stools. Abdominal pain. Lethargy. Lack of appetite and so forth. I went to the GI and he said post infectious IBS. These thing kept occurring so I cut gluten and dairy out of my diet and the pain has stopped almost entirely. Still have those days where it happens. Stools are normal. Went back and was diagnosed with celiac. I have ate chic fil a, pizza, and other things with no discomfort. I wasn't tested by blood for celiac he just said I had it. I'm asking what you guys would do if you were in my position since no many people understand. I'm sorry this is so long I'm just torn between what's going on and want to go back to not worrying. Thank you in advanced.

solofelix
11-09-2014, 07:14 AM
Hi,

I suffer IBS and Gastritis and weigh only 46 kg at 5ft 3in.
My dietition has told me I need to get a blood test for Celiac but she said I must be eating all the foods that can cause Celiac for my test to show a correct reading.
These foods are the very ones that cause trouble with my IBS and Gastritis and which I try to avoid.
If anyone knows if this is true perhaps you will be able to help both of us.
Weaver,

I think Celiac is diagnosed by blood test, I don't know how your Dr can say so by listening to your symptoms,

Solofelix.

WeaverLJ
11-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Hi,

I suffer IBS and Gastritis and weigh only 46 kg at 5ft 3in.
My dietition has told me I need to get a blood test for Celiac but she said I must be eating all the foods that can cause Celiac for my test to show a correct reading.
These foods are the very ones that cause trouble with my IBS and Gastritis and which I try to avoid.
If anyone knows if this is true perhaps you will be able to help both of us.
Weaver,

I think Celiac is diagnosed by blood test, I don't know how your Dr can say so by listening to your symptoms,

Solofelix.

I'm sorry you're also suffering. I wish there was something they can do to treat our problems so we could be truly happy again. I'm one that wants to know exactly what a going on and to fix instead of guessing and band aiding the problem. I myself have lost roughly 10 pounds the last 3 or so months and worry about have malabsorption. If I find anything out that's beneficial I will let you know to see if it can help you too. I really hope you start feeling well and are cleared of your troubles. Hang in there. One thing I always tell myself is it could be worse and someone always has it harder. Try and stay positive and keep searching. Thank you for your response I appreciate your time.