PDA

View Full Version : Irritable Bowel Syndrome or food intolerance

Neeck299
01-09-2015, 02:07 AM
I'm not sure if it is food intolerance or start of Irritable Bowel Syndrome or I just had too many.

Not sure if other people are like this or not.Or what is causing it.

Anyone have problem eating chocolate causing rectal tenesmus? I have notice if I eat chocolate I have rectal tenesmus. By the next day I'm okay.

If I eat lots of chocolate in weak I get rectal tenesmus. If I have little chocolate in a weak I have little to no rectal tenesmus.

I know some people have food intolerance to some foods or have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Anyone else have this problem? Where by you eat chocolate than you get rectal tenesmus and by the next day it is gone

I can have potato chips and no problem.

If I eat lots of chocolate in weak I get rectal tenesmus. If I have little chocolate in a weak I have little to no rectal tenesmus.

zoe305
01-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Hi neek299.

I have never heard of intolerance specifically to chocolate but it id possible that there is something in the chocolate that you are intolerant to.

Are you ok with dairy, soy, nuts, caffeine, sugar?

If you're curious to see what could be the cause then maybe see a dietician who specializes in ibs?

You never know, someone else on here may have encountered it as well :-)

zoe305
01-10-2015, 07:27 PM
I forgot to mention. Irritable bowel is often a symptom of food intolerance so if you are having irritable bowel symptoms then most likely there are foods that your body has taken issues with. It can also be a reaction to stress etc. Food drink or medication etc are the most likely cause though.

solofelix
01-11-2015, 07:31 AM
Hi,

I love chocolate but it doesn't love me...
I have IBS and get bout's of Gastritis and have found it really upsets my stomach.
Too much can also cause me irritation in my rectum, so I guess that it can have effects on your problem as well,

Solofelix.