View Full Version : Please help. very scared.

02-25-2015, 03:10 AM
Late October I had an episode where, out of nowhere, I started having anxiety, nausea and frequent urination. This lasted for hours. After that I had elevated bp (I'm on labetalol so it wasn't crisis level), anxiety and nausea for weeks. I thought I was going diabetic as these issues would get worse after sugar or alcohol. I cut out both and started exercising daily instead of twice a week. I was able to lower my BP 95% of the time and lower anxiety except for the occasional attack. Fast forward to 2.5 weeks ago. I got a corticosteroid shot for allergies and my body went nuts. At first I had normal side effects (including elevated bp and pulse). I was also having extreme anxiety. FF to last week. my BP continued to increase. On standing I get tachycardia, livedo reticularis (started only on legs but now is on arms, hands, and chest too), orthostatic hypotension, nausea, chest pain (which I've had ever since getting this shot), and eventually start feeling lightheaded. When I lay down the livedo goes away and my pulse goes down (from 100s to 80s or 90s which is still high for me). From October until now I've lost 25+ lbs without trying. I've also started getting tremors in my hands plus in various body parts when sitting. 2 days ago my blood pressure shot up to 160/100 and only goes down when I'm laying on my left side. At this point I'm scared to stand up. My doctor ran a bunch of labs which I hope to get back today. If they are negative I'm not sure what to do next. I feel like I have very classic pheo signs but also POTS syndrome signs. Please help! I'm confused and scared.

02-25-2015, 03:12 AM
I should add I've also been having sweating of hands and feet, night sweats and trouble sleeping.

08-06-2016, 04:44 PM
Not to downplay your concerns but could it be generalized anxiety?