PDA

View Full Version : Help

NicoletteCB
03-06-2015, 02:46 AM
Hi everyone! I'm going to skip right to the problem but to put it point blank: I have an obsession with feeling good at the "right" moments, mostly moments having to do with my relationship with my girlfriend.

Let me explain now, by feeling "good" I mean sensations in my body, like good feelings or feeling an overwhelming sense of happiness and love. I am obsessed with feeling these emotions/feelings when with my girlfriend when she says something romantic or does something physically romantic that I like (ex: kissing me or holding my hand.) I worry constantly that if I do not get good feelings, so if I feel nothing or get bad/uncomfortable feelings then this means I really don't love my girlfriend and will have to break up with her.

For example if my girlfriend holds my hand and I do not feel any good feelings in me I get a lot of intrusive thoughts and begin to panic and worry that now without the good feelings I cannot enjoy this moments and maybe I will never be able to thus meaning maybe I have to breakup with her when that's my worst nightmare.

Please help!

HappyVegan
03-29-2015, 10:34 PM
@NicoletteCB. It sounds like you really love your girlfriend, otherwise this wouldn't be bothering you. I get intrusive thoughts too. I've been married for a long time, and I don't always get gushy feelings, but I love him. A big part of that is because he's my best friend. Can you talk to your friend about this? I'm sure she'd understand.