PDA

View Full Version : Help me help my best friend

Pewee716
03-12-2015, 11:01 PM
Can anyone tell me or help me with Prozac and Xanax dependency advice ? My best friend of 30 years suffered the death of her mother then her eldest sister ) months later she basically had a nervous breakdown went to see a dr was prescribed Prozac and Xanax for breakthrough anxiety she recently pulled herself off the meds and her body went into shock she was in terrible pain and could not function she is now back on and I feel she is a walking zombie I am trying to be here for her supportive and on her side I just don't know what the right thing to do is, she has been on these meds for 7 years and she is a totally different person i can tell when the Xanax wears off and she starts getting anxious ease someone help

Titchou
03-13-2015, 03:40 AM
Her doctor should be able to help her to wean off them. Suggest that she talk with him about that.

Phoenix
03-26-2015, 04:20 AM
Hello PeeWee716 and welcome. :wave:

"I just don't know what the right thing to do is, she has been on these meds for 7 years and she is a totally different person i can tell when the Xanax wears off and she starts getting anxious ease someone help"

If she can agree,to not feeling "energetic," maybe the prescribing physician can adjust her medication dosages.

One would be surprised how much of a difference it can make.

Respectfully
Phoenix