It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Tennis Elbow Treatment Suggestions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-24-2015, 12:39 PM   #1
    MountainReader
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
    Tennis Elbow Treatment Suggestions

Three weeks ago, my elbow started hurting. Now, I have a nice case of tennis elbow on my non-dominate arm. I've been on prescription NSAIDS for another issue. I've also been icing the area. I tried using an Epi-Sport c-type elbow wrap I used to use on some golfers elbow on my other arm, but I don't notice much difference. Any suggestions for what to try?

I'm not sure if I should wait it out, visit my shoulder doc, or see if my PT will help me out. I'm already in weekly PT after ankle surgery and insurance won't allow me to treat 2 things in one visit.

Thanks,
    MR

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2015, 10:23 AM   #2
    AncientHeart
    (female)

AncientHeart HB User
    Re: Tennis Elbow Treatment Suggestions

I’d be interested in any pearls of wisdom on this one as I also have tendonitis in the elbow. I’m assuming it’s that rather than arthritis as it hurts on the outside of the elbow rather than the inside and feels better with rest as opposed to exercise (which Dr Google suggests are symptoms of tendonitis rather than arthritis).

I know from research that it can take months to heal. I’ve also seen that putting castor oil on it and then wrapping the elbow in lint and cling film can also help but I’ve tried that and it hasn’t worked.

I don’t like taking any type of medication and I see you’ve been taking NSAIs for something else and these don’t appear to have had an effect on the elbow, so even if I did decide to take for a few days, it doesn’t seem as if it would work.

The only thing I’m doing at the moment is to take the pressure off the elbow (my right dominant) by lifting with my left and also bandaging it up at night as I had a habit of sleeping on it and it was becoming really painful.

Closed Thread