It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Finger shock

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-28-2015, 01:14 AM   #1
    Alphabaz
    (male)

Alphabaz HB User
    Finger shock

If I stretch to reach something with my right hand, I feel “something” at the very top of my arm and a sharp (electric shock type) sensation in my middle finger. It is so sharp that it makes me pull back as if I did receive a shock. The tip of my middle finger then tingles for a while. I have had this for about three weeks. The pad of my middle finger now feels slightly numb as if I had a coating of super glue on it. I can feel, but less sensitive than normal. If I try and stretch slowly (now) it doesn’t appear to have the same effect, just a slight tingle at the extent of the stretch and only whilst at the full extent, no residual tingle afterwards. If I stretch without thinking (probably quickly) then the 240 volt sensation returns.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
    Lulubells
    Veteran
    (female)

Lulubells HB UserLulubells HB User
    Re: Finger shock

I suggest you go see a doctor asap! My daughter had something happen to her middle finger and she could hardly move it and it was hurting her really BAD when she moved it. She went to see her PCP and he sent her to see a bone doctor that day!! What had happened was she'd had a leaf on her middle finger and just flicked it off and in that simple movement, she tore ligaments in her finger, messed up 3 total, some in her finger, some in her hand. She had to wear a brace for 6 weeks and if that didn't fix it, she would have had to have surgery. He told her no matter WHAT she did, she better NOT move that finger, if she did, she just as well call his office and set her surgery up herself...

OK, on the other hand you could have something messed up in your neck.. I had the numb fingers that spread as time went on.. Went to see the bone doctor and guess who needed surgery? I have metal and screws in my neck now.. So, go see a doctor, OK?

Closed Thread

Tags
    numb, stretch, stretching, tingle