It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• hands numbness at night

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-29-2015, 07:12 AM   #1
    Damian63
    (male)

Damian63 HB User
    hands numbness at night

hi, i've been having this symptoms for a little time now, i work with routers, table saw, etc,, at night specially when im sleeping, i feel this pain and numbness in my hands, i don't see them at that moment, but i feel they are like hard, like if my fingers are kind of contracted! during the day, is more of a numbness and tingling sensation, is really annoying any advice or suggestions will be appreciated,,thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2015, 07:21 AM   #2
    renko
    Veteran
    (female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User
    Re: hands numbness at night

Hi, it sounds like what I had at night, numbness and tingling like my hands were asleep and I had to shake them to get blood circulating again. I went to a neurologist and had an EEG which is an electrical test that sees if a person has carpal tunnel. I have it and instead of an operation I have worn splints on both hands at night and I bought them at WalMart. They seem to help and I don't have that numbness feeling as much. Be sure you don't allow your nerves to die, then they can't do surgery and nothing may help it. I would suggest you see a neurologist and find out exactly what you have and if you choose surgery find a competent surgeon who has done this a lot and knows what they are doing. Best wishes.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:06 AM   #3
    Damian63
    (male)

Damian63 HB User

thank you renko, i really appreciated, and yes i will go to the neorologist,,

Old 08-26-2015, 05:19 PM   #4
    jester64
    (female)

jester64 HB User

Hi
    Just wondering how you are doing with the numbness and tingling. Sounds like you may have restricted blood flow in yours wrists. Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy might be something that would help that without having to go the route of surgery.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:32 PM   #5
    jester64
    (female)

jester64 HB User

I was just mentioning to a colleague about my finger tips going numb when I go swimming. I know this is a bit different but it made me think. How is your neck? Sounds like you have been doing a lot of bending your head down during the day. Maybe something is getting pinched in the neck area. I do have experience in that area and it is not fun. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to consult a chiropractor to see if there is a connection.

Closed Thread