It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• ulnar impaction with other arm issues

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2016, 06:02 PM   #1
    shammylamby
    (male)

shammylamby HB User
    ulnar impaction with other arm issues

Hello good folks. I have been dealing with severe pain in my rt wrist for several years. My dr recommends an osteomy. My concern before investing in this is will it be worth it? I also have the beginning signs in my left, not to mention carpal and cubital tunnel in both arms. I am a 48 year old carpenter, and would be going back to the same heavy repetitive work. Anyone dealt with these issues? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2016, 04:50 AM   #2
    Haydena
    Inactive
    (female)

Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User
    Re: ulnar impaction with other arm issues

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shammylamby View Post
    Hello good folks. I have been dealing with severe pain in my rt wrist for several years. My dr recommends an osteomy. My concern before investing in this is will it be worth it? I also have the beginning signs in my left, not to mention carpal and cubital tunnel in both arms. I am a 48 year old carpenter, and would be going back to the same heavy repetitive work. Anyone dealt with these issues? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks
    Best for you is to get a 2nd opinion & go from there.
    I wish you well.
    Haydena.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:22 AM   #3
    CameraGirl1112
    (female)

CameraGirl1112 HB User

I had an ulnar osteotomy in September, and I am still recovering, but I can definitely tell a difference. I'm not in the same kind of pain that I was before I had the surgery.

Old 02-06-2016, 05:29 AM   #4
    onthemend1
    (female)

onthemend1 HB User

First step is to bring your MRI results and images to a second Dr. For another opinion. I'm so glad I did. My second doc took 5mm, and luckily left the wrist alone, making recovery much easier. I'm two weeks post-op. No pain. First four days are rough, then you'll see improvement everyday. I look forward to completing the recovery and no longer living with severe wrist pain!! Best of luck to you. Let us know how it is going, I have lots of advice for pre-op preparations!!

Closed Thread