It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• numbness at right arm and hand

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-12-2016, 05:28 AM   #1
    wfz
    (male)

wfz HB User
    numbness at right arm and hand

I'm 54 years old. I work out 1 hour at least 2 to 3 times each week. I have pre-hypertension (~130/90) and taking Benicar regularly. My Cholesterol is normal but one of 2 extra ones (maybe low-density one) is not normal.

I experienced numbness at my right arm when working in front of computer in the last 1 to 2 months. The feeling strong (maybe tingling feeling) at hand area esp. the fingers except pinky and the one next to it. elbow and forearm is the next area but less severe. sometimes the shoulder blade area feels sore when this happens. I noticed that this mainly happens when sitting in front of computer. It may happen right after sitting or after sitting a while, raising the arm (from resting on desk) does not always help. Driving may have the same feeling on my arm. Walking and sleeping are always fine without any numbness.

A maybe related issue is itching finger tip on my left thumb. It happened on and off for ~ 1 year now.

After a little search, it may relate to heart problem, stroke, diabetes (currently I'm normal on glucose level), etc. I'm concerned that what is happening may be something serious waiting to happen. Have you had any experience like what I'm experiencing? What doctor should I go to for this issue? cardiologist?

Thanks for your advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
    TheChico86
    (male)

TheChico86 HB User
    Re: numbness at right arm and hand

I would see your GP first and then a cardiologist upon his recommendation.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:55 AM   #3
    Crafter417
    (female)

Crafter417 HB User
    Re: numbness at right arm and hand

The doctor could order a nerve conduction study to see where the problem is, but my physiotherapist was able to determine my problem and release whatever it was that was trapping the nerve. Don't let it go on or you risk permanent damage! Edit to add...needs to be a PT who does manual therapy, not just one who gives exercises.

Last edited by Crafter417; 07-03-2016 at 07:57 AM.

Closed Thread