It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Ulnar Nerve Neuropathy, any help?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #1
    painfullyalone
    (female)

painfullyalone HB User
    Ulnar Nerve Neuropathy, any help?

I have been diagnosed with Ulnar Nerve Neuropathy. I am nearly 52, and two Neurosurgeons/Neurologists refuse to give me surgery of any kind to even try and alleviate the pain. They prescribed anti inflammatory medicines for a two month period because of my intense pain and told me to sleep with a volleyball kneepad on my elbow at night. I am, and have been in enormous pain for at least 9 months now. I hardly have the use of my left entire arm and my last two fingers cannot feel anything or grip anything. My palm is either numb or in great pain. Where my elbow is on the underside of my hand, I get deep shooting pain all day long and sometimes I get woken in my sleep from the pain.

My regular doctor and pharmacist have both seen me on a regular basis and everyone I know agrees that my entire hand is swollen and deformed, but they refuse to do surgery on my problem. I have to wonder what the long term effects of taking ibuprofen will do to my insides. Too bad no one actually cares. I do not even know how or why this thing happened to me. I did not fall and I was not in some accident. Please write back if you are in a similar situation because it would be nice to have some support.
    Thank you.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-15-2016 at 06:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2016, 12:25 PM   #2
    Alfrs
    (male)

Alfrs HB User
    Re: Ulna Shortening This friday

I'm sorry but I don't have any help for you, that's not the surgery I had. I'd keep trying other docs, just because the second opinion is the same as the first doesnt mean a third will be. If there's a surgery for it, I'm sure you can find a doc to do it here. It's nerves, which are tricky.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-15-2016 at 06:35 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfrs For This Useful Post:
    painfullyalone (05-17-2016)
    Old 05-16-2016, 02:28 AM   #3
    Painther
    (female)

Painther HB User
    Re: Ulnar Nerve Neuropathy, any help?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by painfullyalone View Post
    I have been diagnosed with Ulnar Nerve Neuropathy. I am nearly 52, and two Neurosurgeons/Neurologists refuse to give me surgery of any kind to even try and alleviate the pain. They prescribed anti inflammatory medicines for a two month period because of my intense pain and told me to sleep with a volleyball kneepad on my elbow at night. I am, and have been in enormous pain for at least 9 months now. I hardly have the use of my left entire arm and my last two fingers cannot feel anything or grip anything. My palm is either numb or in great pain. Where my elbow is on the underside of my hand, I get deep shooting pain all day long and sometimes I get woken in my sleep from the pain.

My regular doctor and pharmacist have both seen me on a regular basis and everyone I know agrees that my entire hand is swollen and deformed, but they refuse to do surgery on my problem. I have to wonder what the long term effects of taking ibuprofen will do to my insides. Too bad no one actually cares. I do not even know how or why this thing happened to me. I did not fall and I was not in some accident. Please write back if you are in a similar situation because it would be nice to have some support.
    Thank you.
    Hi....I just saw a surgeon who is sending me for testing of ulnar. Nerve conduction test.I actually need surgery on my thumb joint to cushion between the two bone s. But i have both left and rt.hand fingers going numb and curling up in a cramp in addition. So he hurried me into an appt for the test. I feel for you because you seem to have more pain than me although I've been living with pain for many years now and accept it. I just am trying to find na t Ural solutions. I also need someone to talk with about these things.
    Let's see how we can help one another.PS You are not alone. I care. Try rubbing cbd salve on your hand. It really helped mine. But then I did get a cortisone shot for thumb. As for the ibuprofen-I was taking 1600mg per day. I don't now. I take gabapentin..it calms neuropathic pain.ask for that and get a dr who cares.

Last edited by Painther; 05-16-2016 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Additional comments

Closed Thread