It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Help?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-21-2016, 04:57 PM   #1
    bluesparkles
    (female)

bluesparkles HB User
    Thumbs down Help?

I wasn't sure where to put this so it can be moved or deleted but here goes.

I got blood work done 5 days ago. The woman who did it has been doing it for years and I've never had a problem other than an occasional bruise. But that day, the needle really stung while it was in there, and she said it may have hit a nerve. There's no numbness or anything in the area, but now whenever I bend my arm, the best way I can describe it is that there's a tiny shock going through my arm. There is a small bruise, but since then the wound from the needle healed. I've seen somewhat similar experiences when I researched, but most were more severe than mine is. Did anyone ever have something similar, and if so, how long did it last? I've been using ice packs and anything cold, and that seems to help the weird feeling a little. There is absolutely no pain, just that little shock when I bend my arm. Can anyone share some tips on this? It's so annoying. Thanks!

Last edited by bluesparkles; 05-21-2016 at 04:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2016, 05:26 PM   #2
    Haydena
    Inactive
    (female)

Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User
    Re: Help?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluesparkles View Post
    I wasn't sure where to put this so it can be moved or deleted but here goes.

I got blood work done 5 days ago. The woman who did it has been doing it for years and I've never had a problem other than an occasional bruise. But that day, the needle really stung while it was in there, and she said it may have hit a nerve. There's no numbness or anything in the area, but now whenever I bend my arm, the best way I can describe it is that there's a tiny shock going through my arm. There is a small bruise, but since then the wound from the needle healed. I've seen somewhat similar experiences when I researched, but most were more severe than mine is. Did anyone ever have something similar, and if so, how long did it last? I've been using ice packs and anything cold, and that seems to help the weird feeling a little. There is absolutely no pain, just that little shock when I bend my arm. Can anyone share some tips on this? It's so annoying. Thanks!
    Ice packs & cold are good. Get yourself some Traumeel, which is a homeopathic cream for bruising, swelling & pain. There are no chemicals in this cream so it is safe to use. You can apply it every hour until you get relief. Traumeel is obtainable either online or at a good drug store.
    Do you feel any numbness at the injected site? That is a sign of nerve damage.
    Haydena.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:16 PM   #3
    bluesparkles
    (female)

bluesparkles HB User
    Re: Help?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haydena View Post
    Ice packs & cold are good. Get yourself some Traumeel, which is a homeopathic cream for bruising, swelling & pain. There are no chemicals in this cream so it is safe to use. You can apply it every hour until you get relief. Traumeel is obtainable either online or at a good drug store.
    Do you feel any numbness at the injected site? That is a sign of nerve damage.
    Haydena.
    I actually don't feel any numbness in the area. Just the shock when I bend my arm.

Thanks! I'll look into this next time I'm out. It'll be good for future injuries too.

Edit: Still using ice pack for a little while once a night. Really seems to be helping, albeit slowly.

Last edited by bluesparkles; 05-24-2016 at 05:18 PM.

Closed Thread