It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Extreme arm weakness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-11-2016, 04:17 PM   #1
    dt1993
    (male)

dt1993 HB User
    Unhappy Extreme arm weakness

Hey guys,

I was wondering if one of you have the same symptoms as I do. My right arm (and I am right handed) is significantly getting weaker and weaker. The thing is, it doesn't even feel comfortable using my right arm right now, and the more I use it the more uncomfortable it gets. There is also a form of tremor in biceps when I extend my right arm, so one of the positions that my arm wants to be in is in a flexed position when possible. Also I have a feeling that my wrist feels very loose(dont know how to explain it else).

I am 22 years old, was in pretty good shape, had sudden inactivity with sports and this happened. Dont know what else to do.

Also something noticable: I have twitches (everywhere) with paresthesia(running ants feeling in my back)

I know what you think? it might be ALS, well guess again, I've met a neurologist already, we performed an EMG, MRI(of the brain) and nothing was found. Everything is clean. We also did some blood tests and it turns out that im vitamin D deficient(not that low though).

This weakness is currently ruining my life as I speak, I have trouble lifting glasses, my arm is doing strange movement when I move that I cant control( I think it is because my arm is trying to compensate for the weakness) and I currently feel lost, and I can't seem to get any better.

I'm currently under physiotherapy, but I dont really have a feeling it works.
    I'm a pretty healthy person that has never smoked, does not drink a lot, and doesnt use any medication. Please feel free to give your opinions, I feel desperate and want to get better asap, as I feel like life is passing me by at my best years.

tx

dt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2016, 08:31 AM   #2
    KRRO
    (male)

KRRO HB User
    Re: Extreme arm weakness

Hey James,

How are things going for you? Any improvement?

Closed Thread