It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Ulnar Nerve Entrapment, is it getting better?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-13-2016, 01:34 AM   #1
    Dryra
    (male)

Dryra HB User
    Ulnar Nerve Entrapment, is it getting better?

Hello Everyone,
    I am going to tell the story of how I got this Ulnar nerve entrapment, I am a software developer and I use the computer a lot, I always lean on my elbows while working, especially my left one. on the 20th of August I stayed up to 5 hours leaning on one elbow and I started feeling this little pain in that elbow, but I ignored it. Two days later I went to workout and after some sessions I started feeling this tingling in my little finger and the one next to it, I stopped immediately, I looked it up on the internet and I had the symptoms of Ulnar Nerve Entrapment.

I waited for some time then when it didn't get better I went to see a doctor which confirmed the issue and prescribed me ibuprofen 600 and this BORT EpiContur elbow pad thing, a week later, and I still feel a little pain in my elbow, the tingling sensation in my fingers is only at night when I wake up, even though I have total control over my elbow, and total use over my little finger, and I'm not dropping anything or feeling weakness in my left arm.
    And I do not feel pain in my shoulder, but sometimes in my wrist which is probably due to still using the keyboard all the time.

My question is, Am I getting any better after what I described and should I still consult a neurologist for this ? and How much time does this issue take to get cleared ?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
    Jaceypoo
    (male)

Jaceypoo HB User
    Re: Ulnar Nerve Entrapment, is it getting better?

Hello, has your pain got any better ? I have the same experience. No weakness in my hand but only pain in elbow when I keep it bent for long time. I have small tingling in my pinky finger sometimes. I've injuried my ulnar nerve working out but didn't feel a pop or anything, just gradual. I've stopped all activities for three weeks and it has got better but still not 100%.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:28 AM   #3
    Dryra
    (male)

Dryra HB User

Hey Jaceypoo,
    The pain got better, but it's not cured 100% as you said now.
    It has been 7 months now, and it does not seem to be going away on it's own, I have stopped all activities including working out and lifting weight since then but nothing. The pain is mainly when waking up as it gets bent, lifting something heavy or leaning on the elbow.
    My advice is to go see an Orthopedist, as apparently it is not something that simply goes away.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:34 AM   #4
    Jaceypoo
    (male)

Jaceypoo HB User

How does the pain feel when you lift something up by bending your elbow? Is the pain directly on the ulnar nerve in the elbow? How is your grib strength, can you squeeze your fist without any pain? Compared to my right arm, my ulnar nerve is bigger on my injuried arm

Old 03-12-2017, 08:35 AM   #5
    Jaceypoo
    (male)

Jaceypoo HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaceypoo View Post
    How does the pain feel when you lift something up by bending your elbow? Is the pain directly on the ulnar nerve in the elbow? How is your grib strength, can you squeeze your fist without any pain? Compared to my right arm, my ulnar nerve is bigger on my injuried arm
    Sounds like surgery is the only cure

Old 03-12-2017, 08:42 AM   #6
    Dryra
    (male)

Dryra HB User

When I carry something like a shopping bag or anything, the while arm starts tingling, and when I bend it there's this sharp pain in the elbow area, sometimes I even feel pain in my pinky and ring finger. Grip strength is fine and when I squeeze no pain also, That's why I do not know what the hell is going on.
    I am no doctor or anything, but from what I read, surgery is the last thing you wanna do as it can go wrong or something. Best to talk to your doctor and see what options you have. The thing that's scares me the most is not being able to workout again, no elbows = no working out.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:33 AM   #7
    Jaceypoo
    (male)

Jaceypoo HB User

Seems like our injuries are quite similar. All the information I've found online is just about people who get surgery, and supposedly if it's not better from 3-6 months from extreme pain, that's suppose to be the option.But, everything I've read, they usually have the claw hand or muscle wasting which I do not.

I'm against surgery as well. I'm trying to avoid it at all costs. Cortisone as well.
    I do not however have an sharp pain. It's more of like a light dull pain after about 5 minutes of elbow bending. I do have small tingling in my left pinky and ring finger from prolonged bending as well. Comes and goes. The swelling has went down from icing. I wonder if this is the main problem since it's swollen over the cubital tunnel thus causing my ulnar nerve to become entrapped? Not exactly sure..

I have tried the nerve gliding exercises, but not so sure if they actually work.
    What scares me is your injury is on 7 months, and our pain is very alike ):

I'm going to set up an appointment soon, I'll keep you updated and see what in the hell is going on.
    Thanks for the replys!

Old 08-02-2017, 05:37 AM   #8
    Dryra
    (male)

Dryra HB User

Hello Jaceypoo,
    Do you have any news on the issue? How was your appointment ?

Reply Reply

Tags
    elbow pain, neurologist, ulnar nerve damage