It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

  • injured hand & fingers/guitarist

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 10-28-2016, 04:46 AM   #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date: Oct 2016
    Location: NY
    Posts: 19
    lintek56 HB User
    injured hand & fingers/guitarist

    Hi All,
    I was wondering if anyone else has the same symptoms I do after having someone squeeze my left hand intentionally by being attacked by an intoxicated person.
    I having been playing classical guitar now for many years but am not a professional. I play daily and am now having major problems with playing due to this accident.
    Upon rising in the morning when I stand up on floor when getting up I feel the blood rush PAINFULLY into my injured hand, from elbow down into the entire hand and fingers as if a metal vice is squeezing it. It only lasts a few seconds but I'm wondering what could be injured in the hand itself and how can you distinguish the difference between ligament injuries or bone or nerve?

    I can't bend my wrist back on the injured hand or the pinky finger and ring finger. It hurts to press on the inside of my hand too.

    Wouldn't I know if anything was fractured? I want my fingers to heal and it's been weeks since the attack happened. It happened on Oct.9th,2016 to be exact and it is now Oct.28th, 2016.

    anyone have any suggestions or has this happened to anyone here on the Health boards?

    I just KNOW my primary dr. will wind up sending me for an X-ray and an x-ray won't be able to see if ligaments are pulled or nerve damage?

    I forgot to mention I suffer Rheynauds Syndrome since 2000 after I went thru a very upsetting divorce. I feel it set off the auto immune system in my body because I have positive ANA tests now for five years but don't make the time to see a rheumy dr. NOTHING keeps my hands and feet warm. My hands and fingers are always bright red and the inside of the palms of my hands. So there's multiple factors that can be contributing to my injured hand not being able to heal itself on it's own.
    but what could a Dr. do for me anyway?
    Just want to know if others suffer this blood rushing squeezing pain into the injured hand and fingers?

    Sponsors Lightbulb
    Old 11-01-2016, 10:33 AM   #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date: Apr 2016
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 39
    Crafter417 HB User
    Re: injured hand & fingers/ guitarist

    As a fellow amateur musician I'm sure it is important to you to be able to play your guitar. I have heard of people not knowing they had a break until years later, and there are so many bones in our hands! An X-ray can rule out any breaks, and then you can investigate what else it might be. If I were you I would see my doctor and get an X-ray, then see a hand physiotherapist.

    All the best for a complete recovery!

    Old 11-02-2016, 04:25 AM   #3
    Join Date: May 2015
    Location: New York State
    Posts: 72
    lintek55 HB User
    Re: injured hand & fingers/ guitarist

    thank you craftingcofter,
    especially coming from a fellow amateur musician. You KNOW how important it is for me to play daily and for hours at a time when permitted.
    I find your information very helpful and will pursue seeing my Dr. for this injury.. It's ridiculous I tell myself every morning I wake up with it, thinking it will just go away on it's own. but it's not.
    I never heard of a hand physiotherapist. Is that for physical therapy?

    I can't even squeeze my hand closed to pick up anything in the mornings and it's really frreaking me out and is effecting my ability to reach certain notes on guitar frets.

    thank you again.. you've been extremely helpful and I appreciate you took the time to reply to my problem.

    Old 11-02-2016, 02:14 PM   #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date: Apr 2016
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 39
    Crafter417 HB User
    Re: injured hand & fingers/ guitarist

    Yes, there are hand physical therapists - specialists in physical therapy for the hands. Your doctor might be able to point you to one? Mine did. Of course Google helped, too, as she was having trouble remembering his name...

    The Following User Says Thank You to Crafter417 For This Useful Post:
    lintek56 (01-19-2017)
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Injured foot question nkmcmahan Foot & Ankle Problems 9 02-20-2016 02:42 PM

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:43 PM.

    2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!