It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• involuntary hand and arm issues

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-17-2016, 11:20 PM   #1
    Ray 97
    (male)

Ray 97 HB User
    involuntary hand and arm issues

hello all first post and and apologize if this ha s been covered before .
    Every day many times a day my fingers go rigid. not clenched but straight out the whole hand just seizes up and I have to pull them apart with the other.Very painful.
    Also when I go to do something like grab a cup or pick up my phone my whole arm will spasm and ill end up knocking it to the floor. This doesnt happen always. but happening more often.
    Im looking for something that will help. spending thousands of dollars at the doctor has not resulted in a solution.
    Going for unknown kidney issue high blood pressure gout and impotence
    please help me if you can im about to just give up. i am very open to herbal and natural ways to fix this
    thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2016, 05:26 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: involuntary hand and arm issues

Hi Ray,

I'm sorry you have this condition. I have been researching this for myself. From all of my research doctors cannot cure these things. We have to rest, ice the tendons/muscles, use heat when it seems to help, do gentle stretches & exercises, use OTC pain relievers, etc. These things take time to heal. The older we get the longer it takes, esp. if we don't stop irritating the body part. It sounds like at least for now that you need to stop sudden movements and consciously use smooth movements to reach and grasp. I know right now this is what I have to do because I stressed and overworked my tendons and joints. If I don't take care the pain abruptly stops me. It takes time to allow the body to recover. I am not exactly patient with that fact, but pain shocks me back to reality.

I don't know your age, but probably at any age we can think we 'have' to keep functioning as normal or that we don't have time to rest or take care of our body. Usually only pain can make me stop charging ahead. But frankly I know better. I am suffering right now from my stupidity, and can barely move my arms.

I'm experiencing debilitating pain in my shoulder, neck, arm joints pop and are very painful. This began about a month or two ago, soon after I worked in the yard and pulled a wagon overloaded with bricks and did some other heavy duty work. Mind you I am in my late 60's and I know I can't do what I did when in my 20's. I did it anyway, and now am paying for it. Occasionally my index finger and thumb lock into a painful position. I have to use my other hand to 'unlock' the fingers.

The best info about it that I found is here
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/trigger-finger/basics/symptoms/con-20043819

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tendinitis/expert-answers/tendinitis/faq-20057872

From all of my research you may as well stop paying doctors and learn to be careful with your joints and tendons yourself. Acute sharp pain might possibly mean you may need surgery, but tendon tears can heal without surgery, too. Before going about your day do gentle stretches. Think about cats. When they awake from sleep they stretch every joint and muscle. Come to think of it, so do our dogs. I hope this helps a little.

Closed Thread