It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Don't know if my problems are related or I'm just unlucky

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2017, 06:35 PM   #1
    KaraI9
    (female)

KaraI9 HB User
    Don't know if my problems are related or I'm just unlucky

I saw my doctor on Friday. On top of all the other bad news, he said that anything ending in -itis is inflammation of something.

So last year in that arm I had neuritis and tendonitis. This year I have tendonitis in the same place, tendonitis in a second place (I have both tennis elbow and golfer's elbow) and he said he saw osteo-arthritis in the x-ray.

That means that in the last 12 months, I've had three different forms of inflammation in the same arm.

The other arm has bursitis. So all over my body I've had four different types of inflammation, though the doctor thinks my fall down the stairs caused the bursitis, since I hit that little bursa sac at least 10 times going down.

Am I just really, really unlucky? Or is there something like an immune system problem that can trigger all those inflammations?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2017, 08:33 PM   #2
    KaraI9
    (female)

KaraI9 HB User
    Re: Don't know if my problems are related or I'm just unlucky

Okay, so I need some really good advice. Now I've got tendonitis in the shoulder.

The doctor said that in a way it is all related. Last year I quit a cushy office job and started on my feet all day retail work. He said that when a person with weak muscles starts a heavy sustained load (rather than gradually build up) there can be wear injuries. My right arm started off considerably weaker than the rest of my body due to the neuritis. The muscles in that arm were so weak I was unable to properly sign my name on the employment forms.

My elbow is "ow, it hurts." Strange because part of my forearm is slightly swollen from the tennis elbow but bending the elbow or lifting hurts but nothing unreasonable. It's not going away though. Not getting worse, but not getting better.

The shoulder was hurting too but it was also an "ow, it hurts". Until I decided to bring a treat to work and carried in a full slow cooker that weighed between 35 and 40 pounds. By the end of the night I could barely move the arm. I saw the doctor the next day (a week and a half ago) and I was in such pain he gave me a steroid shot in the shoulder.

I've been doing the elbow and shoulder exercises he told me to for a week and a half, I only skip if I'm in such pain that I don't want to move anything. I'm icing the shoulder and elbow pretty regularly, and usually I remember to take the Aleve. So I'm being a good girl and doing what the doctor said. And I'm not feeling better.

How long does it take for tendonitis to heal?

Closed Thread