It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Tennis Elbow ... 2nd injection or wait?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #1
    Queenie99

Queenie99 HB User
    Tennis Elbow ... 2nd injection or wait?

Started having pain in my left elbow about 6 months ago. Got progressively worse. Saw my orthopedic doctor on June 8th. Diagnosed tennis elbow and gave me an injection. I am still having pain and limited use. Should I wait longer or make another appointment to see about another injection? What do you think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2019, 05:05 AM   #2
    Margot87
    (female)

Margot87 HB User
    Re: Tennis Elbow ... 2nd injection or wait?

For anyone who suffers from tennis elbow I would suggest trying the phisical therapy first. Also ESWT (Extracorporeal shock wave therapy) works very well. I had tennis elbow for 8 months and finally I managed to get rid of it using these methods.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:32 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Tennis Elbow ... 2nd injection or wait?

Its been 6 months; why would you wait any longer? Go see the doctor and see what else he/ she suggests. Maybe PT will help? Maybe they want to try a different type of injection...but doing nothing isn't helping you.

It is true that they do not like to give allot of injections regularly, but 3-4 a year is about average....it's been plenty long enough to schedule a follow up with your doctor!

I hope you feel better soon.

Reply Reply