It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Ulnar nerve entrapment at the elbow where to go next

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-20-2018, 06:30 PM   #1
    ChanMT
    (female)

ChanMT HB User
    Ulnar nerve entrapment at the elbow where to go next

Hello everyone, on saint paddies day I was kicked in my arm causing horrible arm pain. I actually thought it was fractured but my doctor says it's my ulnar nerve. I've had xrays done and he assessed it. He's very confident that my ulnar nerve is compressed at the elbow. He at first ordered rest and ice, after 2wks I was put on gabapentin tid, and when that didnt help a 6 day medrol pack. The pain and tingling actually got better while on the steriods but now the tingling and pain is coming back. It hurts to straighten my arm, the tingly feeling isn't as bad as it was, but it gets pretty annoying. I called my physician and he wants me to give it another week before we do anything else. What I'm wondering is should I insist on a referral, MRI, nerve test, or should I wait a week and see? It's going on almost 5wks. I Can say my ROM is at 70percent, it was probably at about 20percent when it first happened. Stretching it hurts like hell and the tingly feeling is always there. Just wanting to be pro active and get something figured out. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply