It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Broken Radius Bone

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-23-2018, 01:27 AM   #1
    Brian0627
    (male)

Brian0627 HB User
    Broken Radius Bone

I broke my radius bone on Thanksgiving and had to get surgery. I had a plate and 7 screws put in. Its been about 5 months and pain in my arm still lingers a few times a week. Is this pain going to last forever? or will it eventually go away over time?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Broken Radius Bone

Dear Brian,

No one can predict what pain you will have or for how long. The radius bone normally flexes a little with movement. You may be just still healing (there is pain as nerves heal) or the pain might be from the plate itself. I have plates in an ankle that gives me a fuss. I have a plate in my lower leg that never bothers me at all. However the plate that was in my wrist and the one that was on my femur both had to be removed when the bone was healed due to the pain they caused to the soft tissue

You may need to wait longer for that bone to be built back up sufficiently before a doctor will believe it is safe to get the plate removed. Try building the muscle in your arms (not just the one), so the muscle takes the strain and not the bone. Pain is always relative. There are no nerves in bone, so it may be that you only need to get your arm back in shape, which takes work, consistency and time. Build both arms at the same time, not just the one.

Last edited by yayagirl; 04-23-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Reply Reply