It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Five years post ulnar osteotomy

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-18-2018, 03:44 AM   #1
    Rec0very
    (female)

Rec0very HB User
    Five years post ulnar osteotomy

Hi all! First time poster!
    Itís been about five years since I had my ulnar osteotomy. I managed to overcome complex regional pain syndrome prior to surgery and it did not recur post surgery. Iíve recovered well, despite some stiffness and achiness from time to time with use.

Last night during Netball training I took a hard hit at the site of my scar, right next to the wrist joint.
    Today Iíve got bruising and swelling, some stiffness, and slight tingling in two fingers.

Wondering if anyone else has had issues of reinjury as a result of knocks to the site?

Occasionally my scar gets red or appears bruised, but doesnít particularly bother me.

Going to give it a couple of days to settle before seeking physio advice - am paranoid about CRPS returning, or of destabilising the joint again!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply